Unofficial Mills

Radio 2 in the Park 2024

NathanS

The location for Radio 2 in The Park will be announced on Wednesday morning during the Breakfast show. I've already seen a fair few calls for it to go back to Leeds after it was cancelled in the wake of The Queens passing.

On 4/22/2024 at 5:51 PM, onlyME said:

It's a pity the events are such mum and dad fests. Doesn't do anything to suggest Radio 2 is for younger adults when the bands are from the 70s, 80s and 90s.

I mean I dont see why you wouldn’t have some acts from the 00s like Sugababes and Sophie Ellis Bextor, Girls Aloud, Kasabian, Kelly Jones and even maybe a more of the last decade name like Jess Glynne.

On 4/22/2024 at 3:51 PM, NathanS said:

The location for Radio 2 in The Park will be announced on Wednesday morning during the Breakfast show. I've already seen a fair few calls for it to go back to Leeds after it was cancelled in the wake of The Queens passing.

It won't be Leeds for R2 in the Park. It will be the North

• 1 month later...

Pet Shop Boys, Snow Patrol, Sugababes, Pixie Lott, Travis, Shaznay Lewis, Craig David and Kim Wilde. Feels it has a slightly younger shift this year.

3 hours ago, Jono said:

Pet Shop Boys, Snow Patrol, Sugababes, Pixie Lott, Travis, Shaznay Lewis, Craig David and Kim Wilde. Feels it has a slightly younger shift this year.

Sting is the other headliner. I'd say that's about right for Radio 2, mostly 80's, 90's and 00's.

5 hours ago, NathanS said:

Sting is the other headliner. I'd say that's about right for Radio 2, mostly 80's, 90's and 00's.

Felt like there was a bigger emphasis on the other decades last year.