Unofficial Mills

Dance classics

coffeeandgin

On 4/20/2024 at 11:32 AM, Jono said:

Party Anthems seems to have quietly changed back to adding in some classic tracks these last few weeks. Pjanoo, Mr Saxobeat and Avicii just some of those who've cropped up in recent weeks.

I noticed that and it was good to hear a few older songs mixed in there too

Those were the songs when I started going out so they sounded perfect mixed in with other new dance tracks

On 4/20/2024 at 12:37 PM, ianwilk1999 said:

I noticed that and it was good to hear a few older songs mixed in there too

Those were the songs when I started going out so they sounded perfect mixed in with other new dance tracks

really I wish that were what Dance Anthems would be like - rather than older and newer tracks being separated into different zones have them side-by-side so you never quite know what's next.

On 4/20/2024 at 12:51 PM, coffeeandgin said:

really I wish that were what Dance Anthems would be like - rather than older and newer tracks being separated into different zones have them side-by-side so you never quite know what's next.

Yeah I think I'd prefer it like that too, it's still a really good show however and they seem to do well in keeping it fresh with the music, a good show to have on when working weekends

On 4/20/2024 at 12:51 PM, coffeeandgin said:

Yes, think it would be more attractive listen. I think Radio 2 could do with its own Dance Anthems programme. I think a mix of eras of new, classic and the in-betweens of new and classic would be best mixed up on the saturday drive slot.

It works to have a more of a mix of something familiar with something different hearing old Daft Punk next to new Jamie XX & Honey Dijon would work. Do a request mix or have listener to select a few tracks as they party starter playlist with choosing favourite classic tune with recent favourite from in the club, festival or soundcloud type of thing.

Totally agree on Dance Anthems. But instead of getting a E list celebrity to do it, they need to bring back Dave Pearce if he would be up for it. He was there when they were new, played them on Radio 1 and to the crowds then. I'd love it to make a return. Properly.

Or maybe bring in a rotation of reputable DJ's from way back on a router. Judge Jules, Sonique, Dave Lee (Joey Negro), Pete Tong if he wanted a go. That would be really good to hear.

on the grid.

16 hours ago, DC said:

Totally agree on Dance Anthems. But instead of getting a E list celebrity to do it, they need to bring back Dave Pearce if he would be up for it. He was there when they were new, played them on Radio 1 and to the crowds then. I'd love it to make a return. Properly.

Or maybe bring in a rotation of reputable DJ's from way back on a router. Judge Jules, Sonique, Dave Lee (Joey Negro), Pete Tong if he wanted a go. That would be really good to hear.

listened back on sounds or iPlayer Radio whatever it was at the time of his New Year’s Eve/day show from a few years back fitted had a good mix of old and new music that didn’t quite expect to hear on radio 2

15 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

listened back on sounds or iPlayer Radio whatever it was at the time of his New Year’s Eve/day show from a few years back fitted had a good mix of old and new music that didn’t quite expect to hear on radio 2

His NYE shows were very good. Only thing I would say is he was shackled down slightly there. During his peak he played some great trance stuff in the late 90s and early 00s. So if he were to do a regular show that would have to feature more. Aside from I'd love to see him back.

on the grid.