Unofficial Mills

5 Live turns 30

Jono

Do we have any 5Live listeners in the house? I always feel the station is understated in the age of multiple talk radio stations, but impressive the numbers remain steady. 

• 2 weeks later...

Though I’m in Radio 1’s target demo I’m also a regular 5 Live listener.

Its sport coverage is the best in the broadcasting business - sometimes it‘s much better than what’s on TV.

I feel that Dotun Adebayo and his nighttime show doesn't get enough credit. I mean he's doing graveyard slot 5 days a week - I don't understand how he's functioning as a person! And his presentation style is unique, he makes the show sound like he's speaking only to you. I love to listen to it when I can't sleep.

12 hours ago, Fran said:

Though I’m in Radio 1’s target demo I’m also a regular 5 Live listener.

Its sport coverage is the best in the broadcasting business - sometimes it‘s much better than what’s on TV.

I suppose when comes to radio you have to step up the commentary than tv as with TV you don’t have to paint that picture and visualise for the listener what is happening.

16 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

I suppose when comes to radio you have to step up the commentary than tv as with TV you don’t have to paint that picture and visualise for the listener what is happening.

Not only this but also some pundits on BBC TV don’t know what they’re talking about.