Unofficial Mills

General Bauer Radio UK / Planet Radio / Rayo talk.

callspy

15 hours ago, onlyME said:

They say only 4% listen on television so it's probably a smart financial move for the costs. 

Makes sense I think its the thing that I’ve never made much sense of radio being a big thing on television sets not with since the rise of smart speakers in peoples homes that they no longer have to be reliant on a television set or a radio with the signal of the station. It may have been handy with places where couldnt pick up stations on DAB or FM in area and signal was crackly but dont think many people have a traditional television set up of aerial and cable programming through wires and boxes all apps and that and that is what BBC has managed to successfully delivering with Sounds available on smart televisions and boxes excluding Apple TV boxes.

22 hours ago, callspy said:

Bauer is closing all radio channels on Freeview.  I guess this is ready for the launch or Rayo?  Unless they are in trouble?  

Possibly on television apps and think they would look to do big marketing promotional campaign. They’ve been on the quiet for a while about the service so it’s unsure what they fully planning for the full launch of it. Once they launch search bar, programming follow and subscribe options, downloads and reliable pause and resume for on-demand listening Jazz FM and Absolute Radio have programmes I’d possibly subscribe to and Kiss. 

4 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

Makes sense I think its the thing that I’ve never made much sense of radio being a big thing on television sets not with since the rise of smart speakers in peoples homes that they no longer have to be reliant on a television set or a radio with the signal of the station. It may have been handy with places where couldnt pick up stations on DAB or FM in area and signal was crackly but dont think many people have a traditional television set up of aerial and cable programming through wires and boxes all apps and that and that is what BBC has managed to successfully delivering with Sounds available on smart televisions and boxes excluding Apple TV boxes.

Yes - let's not forget how long radio stations have been on TV - since the early 90s.  It used to be the only easy way of listening to stations you couldn't get on FM and the chance to hear some MW/AM stations in better quality.  Different world really...