Unofficial Mills

Happy Birthday Grace!

Bexy

One scary dolphin!

This evening's been eventful to say the least, it was only meant to be a quiet birthday meal. I've copied this out of a bulletin I just posted:

So there we are, my dad, his wife, my brother, my nan and I, all ready to open presents when my nan's phone rings.

Nothing out of the ordinary you'd think, well it was my uncle (her son) saying that the men in black (! I kid you not) were outside his house and coming to get him.

My dad went silently ballistic whilst my nan spent the next hour trying to convince my uncle to calm down.

Turned out he'd been on a bit of a trip..

Hmm so tea was tense, and I was in silent hysterics whilst my brother hummed the x files theme just loud enough so I could hear it. Then men in black, and then he said:

"You know who he should have called..."

me: "ghostbusters!"

There's nothing like singing ghostbusters really quietly with your brother whilst your dad sits the other end of the table about to explode because "she's only going to be fifteen once and he's gone and ruined it."

My saying "I don't mind, it can be one of those funny birthday stories" didn't really help.

Tea was lush though, I'm going to be full until next week.