Unofficial Mills

Sound of 2023

Jono

These were the predictions for 2023. How did they do?  Were they as big as expected? 

The top five artists for Sound of 2023 are:

1. FLO

2. Fred again..

3. Nia Archives

4. Cat Burns

5. Gabriels

Also on the longlist for Sound of 2023 (in alphabetical order):

Asake

Biig Piig

Dylan

piri & tommy

Rachel Chinouriri

2, 3 and 4 seem to have done pretty well. Cat Burns seems to be the only one who's branched onto other stations mostly though (on Capital, Free...). I've also heard a lot more of pinkpantheress this year, where as last I'd hardly heard of her. 

on the grid.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 10:44 PM, DC said:

2, 3 and 4 seem to have done pretty well. Cat Burns seems to be the only one who's branched onto other stations mostly though (on Capital, Free...). I've also heard a lot more of pinkpantheress this year, where as last I'd hardly heard of her. 

I mean Gabriels has had quite good year played on Radio 2 and 6 Music with Jacob Lusk having a take over on Radio 3 playing his favourite piano songs earlier this year which made for good listening and the group over December will appear on 6 Music as the stations artist in residency. I’d say Fred Again has had a big year.

On 11/15/2023 at 9:06 PM, Jono said:

These were the predictions for 2023. How did they do?  Were they as big as expected? 

The top five artists for Sound of 2023 are:

1. FLO

2. Fred again..

3. Nia Archives

4. Cat Burns

5. Gabriels

Also on the longlist for Sound of 2023 (in alphabetical order):

Asake

Biig Piig

Dylan

piri & tommy

Rachel Chinouriri

Cat Burns is one of the people I would love to get on my podcast that I host seeing that she has said she is autistic and has adhd would be a guest I’d like to manage to get on much like I would like to chat to Katie Thistleton about her ADHD. 

When it comes to next year I’d like to see The Last Dinner Party, Bar Italia, English Teacher, Kneecap, Say She She are the only predictions I can come up with gives you the vibe I’ve morphed into a 6 Music listener and becoming out of touch with the pop that radio 1 has been playing of course know I’ll not going to tick many names of but looking forward to what names I’m going to discover