Unofficial Mills

Profile picture

John

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to your User CP, and select the 'Profile Picture' section, then you can add a picture there.

I dont quite understand why its there when we already have avatars, but I suppose its ok for people like Kelly and Grace who can now have twice as much Richard Hammond and The Feeling in their profiles!!

take control

Isn't it just for people who donated money towards the £70 which the site "needs"

Oh yeah! So it is! I didn't see that bit in the other thread.

So yeah, if you donate some dosh you get a profile picture.

Its like Comic Relief on here!

take control

does the site really "need" £70 cant we just make do with something cheap

Well I can't wait for a better solution, as they want to start charging on Monday. I don't think there is much we can sacrifice, the website is something to what it was when it started a year ago. We now have huge mentions hammering the bandwidth, an extensive downloads archive, and the forum has gone from barely 500 members to almost 4,000. I have shopped around, but ultimately, we need 10GB of space at least, we're talking 100GB of monthly bandwidth being used and it's not cheap. Sadly, Olly who used to provide the space has left the business he owned, and obviously the new hosts aren't Scott Mills fans. I bet there would be more moans if we took away a part of the site than there would be for asking for some aid with money.

but its your website we only use it isnt that your problem

Yeah that's the point WE USE IT. We download the clips, we read the reviews, we contribute to the Your Views etc. All things provided by Jono out of his own pocket, its only fair we give a small amount back

take control