Unofficial Mills

Ken Bruce leaves Radio 2

DC

On 9/6/2023 at 2:34 AM, DC said:

If Ken regards new music as something from 2002 then his time had come I'm afraid. A lot of Radio 2's new music on their playlist is from established artists like Bev Knight, Keane, Simply Red etc. They are even playing a new song from Dolly Parton at the moment. 

Not that it makes the slightest dent in his handsome pay check, but I think KB has managed to make a right tit of himself, over the whole course of his move to GHR. And to think that, last year, he was the un-disputed king of mid-mornings ...

2 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Not that it makes the slightest dent in his handsome pay check, but I think KB has managed to make a right tit of himself, over the whole course of his move to GHR. And to think that, last year, he was the un-disputed king of mid-mornings ...

I agree, I think if he hadn’t addressed his gripe over not getting to his end of his contract at Radio 2 as he was actively promoting his new show at Greatest Hits and his more old grumpish attitude of ‘I don’t like new music’ he would have made his tenure at the BBC look a lot nicer 

12 minutes ago, BBCAaron said:

I agree, I think if he hadn’t addressed his gripe over not getting to his end of his contract at Radio 2 as he was actively promoting his new show at Greatest Hits and his more old grumpish attitude of ‘I don’t like new music’ he would have made his tenure at the BBC look a lot nicer 

Likewise in agreement.  He really let down a totally untarnished image with some of that behaviour.

You can guarantee next time something like this happens the BBC will axe them immediately with no goodbye or at least put firm restrictions in place for them staying on air.