Unofficial Mills

Scott: the early years

phoenix

I was loving this on the show today! I want to hear more! Chappers, play us more!

Hmmm....my dad was a radio presenter in the seventies and supposedly there are tapes of him doing the show in our house. I believe they are reel tapes though so no way to play them. Still not as good as Scott's early years!

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

It's hardly copying.

Chris Moyles started playing out Joel Gold last year. Joel got some clips of Moyles and played them out. Then Scott got some more and played them out in the summer.

Moyles and Aled have been looking for old clips of Scott since then, and they have only recently came to surface.

Just because Chris was playing out clips of himself last week. From what Moyles was saying, whether he was joking or not, management want them to do this.

Always thought of Moyle's as a bit of a self promoter. Whereas Scotty is in it for the fun. To me Moyles is a Mill's wannabe!

If that were the case, then Mills would have the job that every radio presenter in the world wants - and Moyles has got. But you can't argue with the Moyles is a self-promoter - all I would say to that is - what do you mean, a bit?!!!!

Well a lot of a self promoter. Moyles is passable as a d.j. but when he goes of on one I switch off.It's all a bit boring and detracts from the idea of actually entertaining the crowd. Having twenty minute periods in the morning listening to some irrate Yorkshireman rambling on about nothing in particular and not playing any tunes is a constant source of irritation to me. Scott on the other hand gets in about 3 tunes in the first 15 minutes and then delivers witty ,funny stuff all the way thru the show.To me that's what being a d.j is about. Maybe they have Moyles on in the morning cause everyone is still half asleep!Or maybe it's cause I'm from Lancashire and Yorkies get on my nerves!

Well a lot of a self promoter. Moyles is passable as a d.j. but when he goes of on one I switch off.It's all a bit boring and detracts from the idea of actually entertaining the crowd. Having twenty minute periods in the morning listening to some irrate Yorkshireman rambling on about nothing in particular and not playing any tunes is a constant source of irritation to me. Scott on the other hand gets in about 3 tunes in the first 15 minutes and then delivers witty ,funny stuff all the way thru the show.To me that's what being a d.j is about. Maybe they have Moyles on in the morning cause everyone is still half asleep!Or maybe it's cause I'm from Lancashire and Yorkies get on my nerves!

Being married to a big Lancastrian, I know where you are coming from there.....!