Unofficial Mills

Why did you join the Scott Mills fansite?

Jono

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must have been at the filming of Grumpy Old Women :shock:

Are you insinuating that Laura is grumpy and old?! ;-)

Laura, I have "seen" you rather than met you, it would be the last thing in the world you would remember. Unless you make a mental log of evil old women who jealously compare your bosom with their own and end up bitter and twisted as a result.....!

I was visiting my brother who works at the BBC. I have to go to London occasionally and he takes me out for tea and sympathy. And I get to go to Radio 1 and see famous people and be too scared to talk to them.......next time I will say hallo and apologise for being such a grumpy old woman. Hang on, do you think Jono was talking about me......?!

My brother has told me that if I ever mention his name on this website he will wreak a terrible and bloody revenge, and I enjoy my visits so I'm not going to compromise them! He has something to do with programme control I believe, but not Radio 1, and he usually works in a different building. I do vaguely remember a work experience type person lurking around him last year on and off although not since Christmas - I will see if he knows anything about such things and let you know!

oh right i get it! did you come up to our office on the 2nd floor? messy isn't it! x

I have absolutely no idea whose office, or which floor, I was following him around like a puppy, and was also not feeling very well (situation normal unfortunately), so I wasn't paying too much attention to anything other than the occasional familiar face. There was a rather dirty carpet, I seem to remember, and I was advised to use a loo on a different floor - but I never discovered exactly why! I wasn't particularly aware of a great deal of mess, but that might be a reflection on my standards rather than yours! It wasn't a tour or anything, he had to see someone and I ended up hanging around in what I assumed was some kind of waiting area for visitors?? No idea. I wasn't there long, and there were a few people dashing about.

Apart from that he has a job in programme control I have no idea what exactly he does, he seems to be working on different things every time I see him (something to do with sports programming at the moment? I can't keep up) - but he has been at the BBC for about 8 years now I reckon. Before that he was a station manager at a really crap local commercial station, which apparently was boring as hell. I remember as a kid he always used to say he wanted to be programme controller for BBC2 - well, he isn't, but he's happy, and he says he isn't interested in television now, he says radio is "the purest form of broadcasting", and I think he actually means it! And he is very kind to me, and I love him. Oh, also, his girlfriend is one of the BBCs lawyers, she's got some stories, I can tell you!