Unofficial Mills

Return of Innuendo Bingo!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Jordan North… Seriously though, out of the commercial stations I only really listen to Capital but I do think Will Manning is very strong (and could quite easily slot into R1). I also think Jimmy Hill is a very good commercial DJ (but probably wouldn’t be as good on R1).
    • First link made me blush 
    • Who do you think is the best commercial presenter? This is your view, doesn't have to be who has the most ratings 
    • Starting off strong. 
    • I remember Chase and Status being added to the line-up for Coventry after a drop out. At the time it seemed a bit random, but they seem massive again now!
    • That is a bit strange, yes. Fair point. Oh yes, I'd say both are equal. It's just they'll have been on Instagram for some time, whereas TikTok will have been a new addition in recent years, so something probably has to give. Us anoraks like to see Twitter as important, but I find myself putting much more time into those other platforms. Incidentally when I applied for a social job there probably four years back (wasn't successful!) I did say I thought the audience wanted more insight from the station rather than just content around the stars. I think they've moved a lot more in that direction, especially with the visualisation in the studio. You see more of Greg James than Harry Styles. I don't envy the PR machine at Radio 1 going straight from Mollie King's challenge to Big Weekend announcements without a break!
    • Since they starting the big weekend right at the end of Matt & Mollie’s show I expect they get to do the duties of opening up the festival.
    • Matt and Mollie and Sam and Danni have DJ sets on Friday of Big Weekend, still makes me think they are really keen to push both pairings in a hole left by Jordan.
    • Broadcast wise it’s going to be interesting to see how they handle the performances starting at the same time as the chart show.
    • Yes sort of, although it’s still weird that they tweeted when Mollie was halfway completed but did not do so when she crossed the finish line.
    • it would make sense to ensure both instagram and TikTok are treated as equals and kept in tandem as reels and downloads of instagram are growing when TikTok I think I’ve heard is stagnating.    I mean it makes sense to do less with Twitter or X as it has change. There has been a lot of change in how its run and operate with focus on making it a platform people pay for and its been volatile for advertising with lots of loss in paid promotions on the platform and the business worth has been waining and any communications and marketing for any business and organisations are seeing that
    • I feel like all ATB songs started with some sort of airport in their video
    • Brings back some memories. Your Call for the second hour between 5 and 5.45! The disappointment when someone would call in asking for James Blunt which was already on the playlist.
    • Previously during Red Nose Day events or summer games they tweeted more than now. This year they tweeted less but still highlighted lots of tweets from listeners on the R1 live blog.