Unofficial Mills

How have you been finding the show?

Jono

What with Christmas rapidly approaching, it'll soon be time for changes to the show. How have you been finding it recently, and what do you think should be changed or improved? What doesn't sound fresh any more?

Do you still think the half hour of Your Call at 6.30pm works? How could Your Call be changed? The Wonder Years and Floor Fillers on a Friday?

Serious views more than any thing, please.

Scott's doing good at the moment. Loving the Friday's so they shouldnt change them. Some Chritsmas based features will be nice, little bit like Chappers playing Father Christmas and scaring the kids last year, a Christmas Random Act... etc

Your Call is alright now its down to 30mins. And sometimes it throws up a classic which is always nice

take control

I hardly listen anymore, I don't find the show as funny as I use to (especially phone call games/features), plus I cant stand radio 1 daytime anymore, to much overhype of competitions.

Plus the floorfillers is an Ok show but I still don't see the point in it,as they are same tunes Pete Tong would play (or rather played a few weeks back), but at least Pete can mix and doesnt put a jingle inbetween the records to hide the bad mixing.

"Just one more game, I promise"

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh I had an idea last night about Flirt Divert. I think the concept at the moment is running a bit dry, so perhaps incoroporate Radio 1 Online with it a bit.

Answer the Flirt Divert line a bit more often, put up the picture messages, and videos that are sent. Who hasn't sent people gig pictures and pictures or stuff from their date to partners?

I'd love them to push the boat out with Christmas content this year. Last year I listened to Radio 1 and felt they didn't do enough. There wasn't overly a lot of Christmas songs and I didn't feel Christmas kicked in until the week before.

Ideally Scott should start with stuff as of Monday to get us all in the mood. It doesn't have to be particular Xmas features - just music, beds, random voiceovers, discussion, etc.

Something just didn't feel right last year about Christmas on Radio 1.

Your Call this week has been far more about classics, which is how Your Call should be. Playlist pap should be kept off!

I love the show but I do only really listen till 5 ish cos I finish work at 5 and by the time I get home I sit down in front of the telly with my laptop and update myself with the rest of the show from here.

However, my absolute favourite part of the show was Laura's Diary. I had a meeting in Edinburgh today which is a good hour's train ride from me so I put the entire series on my iPod and listened to it all the way there and back :) I forgot how good it was to listen to it on the Radio :)

The book was good but it was better listening to the banter of it being read out on the radio. I would love another season of Laura's Diary :)

glitzy.jpg