Unofficial Mills

What do you like about Radio 1?

Guest Luke

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, tough one lol, i DO like the station, why would i listen if i didnt like it? On the day time schedule i wish moyles was on a time slot i could actually be able to listen to him on coz i'm usually working when he's on. Jo would be a great addition to 6 Music and maybe someone like Coxy could do her show. I LIKE Colin and Edith but it took some time for me to like them, i like there features lol. I'm happy with Scott's time slot, except for Friday's (why have a 1hr 45min show). Zane Lowe is Fantastic- nuff said. DJ's i want out - Nemone (sorry nemone fans), JK and Joel need MORE airtime and not 3hrs in the middle of the night. i dont like Chappers and Dave as a duo. i like chappers on Scott and i like Dave on Moyles but i dont like them together. I dont really like Vernon either but i agree the Lie In is a great show. Anyone else?? Oh yea....Westwood- i hate that show, but i dont like rap. lol i've gone on a bit tonight lol :badgrin:

take control

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I second all of that... no ads, opportunity to hear music I wouldn't normally and then there's scott of course :lol: Although I admit late evenings and weekends on radio 1 are a bit much for me... but they have my attention all day, 5 days a week :-D

i like how they dont have many adverts too, compared to my local radio station which is full of them.

Radio 1 play good music throughout the week and the weekends,although i never really get to listen to jo wiley or colin and edith because im still in school i really enjoy the radio one shows that i listen to.

I "Wake up with moyles and get home with mills"

Im not a huge fan of vernon kay on the weekend either but the rest of radio one is great!=)

twitter.com/emgreatorex

The DJ's also don't talk rubbish. I am currently listening to my local station (as i can't stand Colin and Edith) and the DJ is tallking about a local cat show.

How intresting !!!! :-|

Thank God for Radio 1 and decent presenters who talk about something more intresting

"Just one more game, I promise"

The DJ's also don't talk rubbish. I am currently listening to my local station (as i can't stand Colin and Edith) and the DJ is tallking about a local cat show.

How intresting !!!! :-|

Thank God for Radio 1 and decent presenters who talk about something more intresting

lol well im hoping to do work experience at my local radio station, when im listening(thats normally when vernon kay is on at the weekend) all i hear is loads of music and adverts and hardly any dj that speaks

my mate is a dj for a local radio station in cambs and his show is really good compared to others (probably cos i help out!)

twitter.com/emgreatorex

What do I like about Radio 1. I like the fact that Mark & Lard have given me some of the best laughs of my youth. They remind me of being at school. I like the fact that Scott and Chris are still there to make me laugh.

And I like tuning into radio 1 on a saturday night to put Judge Jules on and be entertained by some proper dance music.

on the grid.

97.2 stray fm one of the dj's looks like moylesy lol thats where im hopefully going to do work experience next year,their choice of music is really bad its like all the hits from the 70's to 90's and non from the 2000's

i used to listen to them every morning before school before i found radio 1

twitter.com/emgreatorex

What did I say?! I told you you'd like 96.4FM!... meh.. maybe when you're in Wales one day, you could even listen to Dragon FM, the local Cardiff station.. :-D

my mate knows the people at dragon fm cos he's originally from wales himself and plans to become a dj there one day i think he visits them quite often

twitter.com/emgreatorex

97.2 stray fm one of the dj's looks like moylesy lol thats where im hopefully going to do work experience next year,their choice of music is really bad its like all the hits from the 70's to 90's and non from the 2000's

i used to listen to them every morning before school before i found radio 1

Lol.. I used to listen to 96.4FM The Wave down here in the morning.. but they're really cheap, they didnt have a DJ from 11pm-7am so they just played non-stop adverts... i used to listen to the adverts for 2 hours when i was in school.. then finally a DJ came on and I used to listen to "hits" from the 70's (presumably) for half and hour..but..there's a high point to every story.. until i found Radio 1.. ;)

my mate knows the people at dragon fm cos he's originally from wales himself and plans to become a dj there one day i think he visits them quite often

Kool..tell him to change what they say to the callers... the DJ goes

"whats your favourite radio station mate?" and they HAVE to shout.. "DRAGON FM"

I know... but when I'm up in Cardiff, doing my rounds.. I'm forced to listen to them coz my host doesnt like R1... :(

Do you come to Cardiff or anywhere in Wales often? or have you ever been here? Just dont listen to "smile FM" either... :idea:

What did I say?! I told you you'd like 96.4FM!... meh.. maybe when you're in Wales one day, you could even listen to Dragon FM, the local Cardiff station.. :-D

I have been listening to BRMB for years. Iam a big fan of the G.O.D show(Good Old Days) with James Blond. Now that guy can mix! He should be on Radio 1

on the grid.

Kool..tell him to change what they say to the callers... the DJ goes

"whats your favourite radio station mate?" and they HAVE to shout.. "DRAGON FM"

I know... but when I'm up in Cardiff, doing my rounds.. I'm forced to listen to them coz my host doesnt like R1... :(

Do you come to Cardiff or anywhere in Wales often? or have you ever been here? Just dont listen to "smile FM" either... :idea:

no ive never been to wales although my mate who is originally from wales is moving back to aberwystwyth to go to college or something to study something to do with radio production so i will probs travel up to go and see him once in a while

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Blond is more of a Judge Jules though, but he does fill in for DJ's who are sick, sometimes does the nightshift. He is on BRMB on Saturday nights. So I leave my PC on and record it, because i am out.

is judge jules on brmb too??

twitter.com/emgreatorex

no ive never been to wales although my mate who is originally from wales is moving back to aberwystwyth to go to college or something to study something to do with radio production so i will probs travel up to go and see him once in a while

Aled from the Chris Moyles show is from Aberystwyth!!! My mates bruv works for Radio 1 and he's from Aberystwyth, so i reckon if he wants anything to do with Radio 1, Aberystwyth is the place to be :-p

Ahhh.... It's a short while from me, but I cant be ar$ed to drive.. really