Unofficial Mills

"Who gives a damn about the profits of tesco?"

callum

You have to get Franz Ferdinand lyrics into everything :roll: still though, it's a good song.

Supermarkets. They do damage the environment, because huge HGVs transport stuff all over the place. But how many people can actually be bothered to go to their local shops instead? At home we do our main shop from the supermarket but we get a lot of our fruit and veg from the market which is more environmentally friendly and cheaper.

I don't like the control supermarkets have over smaller suppliers, that is wrong. But they are more convenient than small shops, because they are open late, sometimes 24 hours, and that means they fit more into modern lifestyles.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I hope there's one in Sheringham soon. Bloody protestors. It's a fecking supermarket. Get over it. If it destroys your poxy little shop then boo hoo. I want cheap clothes. Electronics. CDs etc. The shops around here are crap. I'd rather be in a town where I can access all these things rather than being in a "pretty lovely" town.

If they don't build supermarkets in areas like that, people will just drive further to go to the supermarket, destroying the environment further. People want to go to the supermarket, so these campaigns won't achieve much.

Round here I have found an Iceland and a fairly big Sainsburys.

Where I live there is a Somerfield, a Sainsburys and an Iceland but they are all the smaller inner city style supermarkets, then there's a big Tesco a few miles away and a big out of town style Sainsburys next to Ikea. I go to Sainsburys on my bike sometimes, otherwise I usually go to Somerfield because the staff at the central Sainsburys are just rude to me.

I think it's worthwhile having the choice of supermarkets rather than one supermarket monopolising an area.