Unofficial Mills

Sky TV

Ema

Has anyone elses Sky and channel 1,2,3 been off since this morning?

Im on my own in the house at the mo do I ring up and complain and risk being put on hold or try and hold it out not watching BB live?

twitter.com/emgreatorex

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn the Sky box off at the mains, switch it on again and wait say two minutes for the listings to return. For all three of those channels to be 'off' makes me think it's a problem with most of the channels, as they're on different 'transponders'. In other words it's very unlikely they'd all go off together.

If your parents are bothered you can always say you switched it off because you saw smoke or something silly...

Turn the Sky box off at the mains, switch it on again and wait say two minutes for the listings to return. For all three of those channels to be 'off' makes me think it's a problem with most of the channels, as they're on different 'transponders'. In other words it's very unlikely they'd all go off together.

If your parents are bothered you can always say you switched it off because you saw smoke or something silly...

Ill dramatise! ;) we've got one channel back and thats bley Nickelodeon..everything seems to be not there,or frozen picture.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

If not it's something to do with your dish I would have thought. But I reckon unplugging it and plugging it back in will work.

Yeah,Im not climbing out onto my roof to move the Sky dish!

Thanks Love xx

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Thanks for calling Jono at BSkyB Technical Suport...:-p

Well at least he is much more nicer than the operator on the phone,my Mum just phoned them about it(cos its broken again)and they were so rude to her!

twitter.com/emgreatorex

You could always go to the 'services' menu and see if you're getting a signal in the signal test. If not may be you've not put your money in the metre :P And they might have rung because of it, and you put the phone down on them because they mispronounced your name like you say you do.

You could always go to the 'services' menu and see if you're getting a signal in the signal test. If not may be you've not put your money in the metre :P

Yeah,I went onto the Services menu to get the Sky number for my Mum.

Good idea,all the tv's in the house are affected..If its not back by 8pm im coming round to one of yours houses to watch Holby and BB im fraid.:biggrin:

twitter.com/emgreatorex

How is all your TVs affected? Do you have Sky in every room? Surely one's an aerial problem and the rest are dish related problems?

No just Sky downstairs,but its also BBC 1,2 and ITV1 and Channel 4 and 5 on all TV's.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

And remember I'm always here to help, I can't help with your aerial erection problems, but I can always advise kicking it.

I tried that earlier but It didnt work obviously!

My Tv's back,3 minutes before Holby phewwf,apparently next door had the same problem too so we're blameing it on them!

twitter.com/emgreatorex