The Football Season 2006/07

DC

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RIP Alan ball, will be forever remembered as part of the greatest England team ever.

Think Chelsea will nick it tonight at the bridge, but if Liverpool can get an away goal i think they will nick the tie at Anfield.

I love all these quotes coming from Mourinho about the match tonight, it's almost as if he is worried...

I think he is, his record against liverpool in this competition is not good. Liverpool always pull something out of the bag in Europe, European football is second nature to the club, always has been.

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

Scholes is a legend, Rooney was saying in his interview how he does stuf like that in training every day, so he knew it was coming. Scholes is probably the new core of Man Utd's Success, but he gets overlooked because of the Superstars.....Think he likes it like that though, he has never been one to be in the spotlight. I think Carrick is showing great ability and potential as well....Fergie is creating another superteam like he had in the 90's!

France, Thats Right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6590715.stm

what a shame, a huge part of our history. we may be crap, but we can at least hold on to the fact that we have done it once. he was still only 61 too, too young to die. awful.

mourinho is a legend, i couldn't help but laugh at the way he says things. and starts his speaches. probably the funniest manager around at the moment, i think liverpool will take their 6th european title though. they'll have to go a bit to top the final two years ago. my friend says he would be happy if they can get a draw at stamford bridge and finish it off at anfeild. and i still get the feeling that gerrard is due a massive goal in the champions leauge.

looks like owen is playing against reading as well next monday, im kind of looking forward to it but i'm not. bring him back against a team that almost killed petr cech (!)

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2007/apr/25/sports-25-04-2007-002.htm

on the grid.

just thinking, it's good to see who's been having the chances tonight as in terms of nationality:-

lampard (shot blocked by reina)

gerrard (headed over)

gerrard (left footed pushed away by cech)

lampard (20 yard shot pushed away by reina)

joe cole (goal)

good to see cole back as well, i thought for liverpool being away at chelsea it's a decent result. they can go back to anfeild and turn it around i think, just as long as they stop chelsea from scoring. whoever wins this semi i want to go on to win the final becuase it would be cracking to have an english team win the european cup again. hopefully liverpool though becuase they deserve it after stopping the overseas gloryhunters from getting it twice.

if i were rafa though i would pi*s off zenden, he cant pick out players well and get riise as a left sided midfeilder, finnan back at right back if he is fit for it. play agger as left back and hyypia and carra as centrebacks.

on the grid.

this time tommorow Leeds could be a League 1 team. That's Divison 2 for everyone who knew it in old money, or for even older money, Division 3.

We'll never ever be great as we was

:cry: :cry: :cry:

So could Southend, we need Leeds and Hull to lose and us to win, to even stand a chance of staying up.....Come on Ipswich, Come on Cardiff!!!!!

France, Thats Right.

this time tommorow Leeds could be a League 1 team. That's Divison 2 for everyone who knew it in old money, or for even older money, Division 3.

We'll never ever be great as we was

:cry: :cry: :cry:

it reminds me of a nottingham forest story, a fall from grace if you will.

on the grid.

a guy i know who's been a chelsea fan for the last 30 years said the race was over long ago. he agreed that chelsea had a chance to catch up and put some pressure on scotland but he says they aren't playing well enough to do the job. a draw against a weakened newcastle team, held at home by bolton who they beat away earlier in the season. i dont think he'd be suprised about todays results at stamford bridge becuase he said they didn't play to well against liverpool, never took enough chances to score and i think as he thinks they will have a rough time at anfeild. it's roles reversed now, like the scots last year nearly caught chelsea up but they sort of messed it up towards the end, like chelsea this year. i think the descision to bring in ballack and sheva has unbalanced them compared to last season, they might be good players but they didn't take into account that they might not settle in on the first season.

on the grid.