Unofficial Mills

What radio shows/podcasts do you miss?

anothernerd

For me, theres been loads of great radio- im either too young or i didn't even knew existed or possibly forgetten about 

The Chris Moyles Show - Obviously one of my all time fav radio shows. The relaxed format was just so different to anything i was used to. Same with Scott's Drivetime show.- I miss Chappers and Beccy and Laura. Chris is good as well.

Ive been getting quite into a local radio show called "Hirsty's Daily Dose" Though i can only find clips or the odd podcast here or there. From what i have heard it sounded brilliant. Does anyone have any podcasts/shows they can send me? I'd really like to listen some more.

I also miss both Dev and Matt's weekend shows(before greatest hits). They were brill. Honeslty both were worth waking up for. Not like him and Mollie who seem to be average. But i really do like Dev and Alice. The format is amazing they get on so well. They seem like a perfect match. 

What shows do you guys miss?

4 hours ago, anothernerd said:

Ive been getting quite into a local radio show called "Hirsty's Daily Dose" Though i can only find clips or the odd podcast here or there. From what i have heard it sounded brilliant. Does anyone have any podcasts/shows they can send me? I'd really like to listen some more.

It's funny you say that - literally this week, someone sent me a load of episodes of the Hirsty's Overdose podcast. They're all here (I wouldn't have used Telegram to host them but oh well): https://t.me/hirstysdailydose

That show was legendary, like you I'm too young to have heard it when it was broadcast (I'm also not from Yorkshire). If you want to hear some breathtaking pre-Sachsgate radio, have a search on YouTube for "Danny Dumps". I'd love to hear more if anyone else has recordings.

Another show from before my time I'm very keen on - Mark and Lard. And one from my time, The Matt Edmondson Show on Wednesday nights. I've never heard another show like it since.

22 hours ago, OohErr said:

It's funny you say that - literally this week, someone sent me a load of episodes of the Hirsty's Overdose podcast. They're all here (I wouldn't have used Telegram to host them but oh well): https://t.me/hirstysdailydose

That show was legendary, like you I'm too young to have heard it when it was broadcast (I'm also not from Yorkshire). If you want to hear some breathtaking pre-Sachsgate radio, have a search on YouTube for "Danny Dumps". I'd love to hear more if anyone else has recordings.

Another show from before my time I'm very keen on - Mark and Lard. And one from my time, The Matt Edmondson Show on Wednesday nights. I've never heard another show like it since.

Bloody hell, there's a lot there cheers @OohErr. If your'e looking for Mark&Lard shows they've got a lot on chrismoyles.net(weridly) 

• 1 month later...

Mark and Lard the absolute standout one for me. I grew up listening to them on afternoons, and just found them to be the perfect duo. Wasn't forced into liking something they didn't want to like by the heiarchy and was blunt about it on the air, just take for example their opinion of Pied Piper's "Do You Really Like It".

It was their spoof phone ins that were brilliant too, loads on YouTube like Missing Words, It's a Mystery, Downcount etc. Lards classic cuts worth a listen too, my sides hurt for days when I heard what they did to Blue Suede Shoes by Elvis. I was truly gutted when they left, as I was about to finish school and was looking forward to being able to hear them more.

There were some BRMB shows locally I miss too like the dancemasters one with James, but I did record a lot of that.

I was going through a tough time late 2005 early 2006 and listened to the radio a lot to ease that up. Tim Shaw's Asylum on Kerrang radio was crude but good. And of course Scott's Radio 1 drivetime show about then got me through.

on the grid.