• Digital Terrestrial (Freeview/TUTV)
    • Sky
    • Cable
    • More than one of them

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by this website you already have an army lol! Just normal telly, which doesn't even have Channel5! Dad got Sky taken away because he had an argument with some guy down the phone after they refused to play the pay per view movie we paid for. I was sooooo sad when it went :cry: He was gonna rejoin when they sent an apology letter, except they didn't, just a slip to send if you wanna rejoin....hence I have no Sky lol!

Laurie xx

Oh yeah...that was the other sad thing, we did get a freeview box from some dude up north that my dad knows. We got it, plugged it in and it didn't work - which confirmed my fear that we couldn't get it :( But *evil laugh* it was that way with broadband for a while so who knows for the future? Maybe I should start a petition to bring freeview to Kent...hmm getting ideas..!

Laurie xx

My dad said the other day that there was a guy he knew from his old work. And he used to have a huge satalite dish in his backhard conneted to his TV. It was said that he could pick up CBS from America and NBC n all that stuff. Like Sky news does for CBS, they must bounce the stuff of satalites for other tv stations in other countries to pick their channel up. Must be interesting to mess around with that, better than watching Big Brother...

on the grid.

Yea, have always wanted to take a look at US tv (mainly to take this p*ss out of it). There would only be the Olsen twins, Paris Hilton, 50 Cent and mabie some old A-Team repeats. But it's funny that they cant do things right!

Commentry from the England game:

"Headball from David Beckham, MichaelOwen puts in into the net, behind the man with gloves" The fact that they couldn't say Michael Owen in two words got me...

on the grid.

• 3 weeks later...

Freeview will takeover Sky Digital at the time of the analogue switch-off, which I can quite believe.

The poll, published today, revealed that 62% of delegates registered for the MediaGuardian Edinburgh international TV festival thought that the service would come out on top.

• 1 month later...

Channel 4's hotly anticipated digital service, More4, will launch on October 10 with a daily topical talk show featuring Boris Johnson's dad, Stanley, as a presenter.

More4 is to have a weekly movie slot, with free-to-air UK TV premieres of titles including The Magdalene Sisters and House of Mirth, plus films from the Film Four library including The Crying Game, The Madness of King George and Dance with a Stranger.

The new digital network will also have repeats of Channel 4 factual shows including Jamie's Great Escape, The Year London Blew Up, The Somme, Priest Idol and The Unteachables.

Source: Media Guardian.