Unofficial Mills

The World Cup 2006 Topic

John

wm_ogo_gr.gif

32 days left! Sven has just announced his 'Provisional' sqaud:

Robinson (Tottenham), James (Manchester City), Green (Norwich), G Neville (Manchester United), R Ferdinand (Manchester United), Terry (Chelsea), A Cole (Arsenal), Campbell (Arsenal), Carragher (Liverpool), Bridge (Chelsea), Beckham (Real Madrid), Carrick (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Totenham), Downing (Middlesbrough), J Cole (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United), Owen (Newcastle), Crouch (Liverpool), Walcott (Arsenal).

take control

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of s**t, Walcott has never played a premiership game, so we are taking 4 strikers, two which are in jured and are never going to be match fit, Walcott who has no experience and that muppet Crouch.

Hargreaves, what has he ever done for England, he is a waste of space, Jenas, not a bad player but their is no need for him in the squad as their are other players who are ahead of him, his place could be taken by another striker, Defoe.

Good decision to leave SWP out though, he has had an awfull season and should have never left City, all he was intrested in was the money and has now ruined his careear.

Also good to see Lennon in there I know he hasn't got any internatinal expereince but he has had a great season for Spurs and at least he has played games (unlike Walcott).

"Just one more game, I promise"

I'm suprised Darren Bent isn't there. I'd have left Walcott out because he isn't ready for something this big (i mean he hasn't even played a premiership game for Arsenal yet) i'd have included Bent for Walcott, Bent is more deserving of it.

take control

i have no problems with the squad apart from Walcott, as you have all said...what the hell is he playing in the world cup when he hasnt even played for Arsenal yet...thats madness,he is relying to much on the youth, i just dont think Theo Walcott is ready for a England Shirt yet...

Go on Add me to facebook or bebo you know you want to!

no as he spent the last half of the season on loan at Fulham.

I guess not seeing players on the field makes no difference though to Sven, look at Walcott, Sven has only seen him in training and thought "great!". Without hammering the kids ability too much at this time I've not really seen much of him to judge whether he is an international class player.

Rubbish World Cup Rules?

For all men (as if we're gonna listen!)

1. I will not wear a stupid hat, paint my face, the dog, the car or house

2. I will not carry you home from the pub unless you have broken a bone. You got yourself in that state deal with it.

3. I will not chant C'mon england in the bedroom.

4. In no way will i miss Lost on a Tuesday night. No matter what game. You will find somewhere else to watch it.

5. I am allowed to comment on how fit a foreign player is or how sexy becks is without a jealous remark from you. at least i will be taking an interest

6. I will watch a game with you as the long a you keep the OH, C'mon son, i could do that blindfolded!! to a sensible level

7. If you want a house full of mates with me keeping you supplied with beer and snacks i am allowed to flirt with your really hot friend.

8. In return for my silence during games My mum can come over more often

9. If i get ill during the World cup i will not hassle you with it in return for you never ever moaning about a man cold again

10. Finally if you want my love, support, silence etc i suggest you take me out before the world cup thingy starts and buy me something nice i.e a pink diamond.

29 minutes of football isnt very promising though is it DC, he could be quite "rusty" after being out for so long, even playing a B international wont get him upto speed immediately, and then there is the risk of him or any of the others picking up an injury and then missing the WC......

and take vassel or somthing? forget it. may as well take heskey while we are on, i know what sven is like. although owen hasn't been playing football, he has been swimming from 2 weeks after he got hurt. and has been doing various exersizes up to now. he was impressive yesterday i heard.

wilcott looks good as well, if i wouldn't of took anyone it would of been rooney.

on the grid.