Unofficial Mills

Is Scott Mills to old for Radio 1?

Has Scott been past his Radio 1 days? He's now 40, and Sara left and she's only 38! So does this mean he is now Radio 2 material? I'm not sure, where would you guys think Scott could fit onto Radio 2?

Sara hasn't left. She is still doing cover work for Fearne.

I don't think Scott is too old. His show still sounds great and relevant for the target audience. It's different to Chris Moyles as he was in the top slot at the station, Scott isn't - so can stay longer.

two years is not a big difference, so if you consider 40 to be old, then 38 is too. I think 40 is not old, and he still looks 10 years younger that he really is. It makes no difference anyway when the age group mills leans towards tend to be the youngest on radio 1 (i would say mainly students, that do not really care about his age, only his voice). he just looks bored sometimes when he is on that internet podcast. perhaps he could do with trying something new. Im sure he could do well with more tv appearances, although im sure most fans would prefer him to stick to radio. I have listened for a long time but the show could do with some new ideas. More interaction with the public calling up would be a good thing (I think). I like radio 2 also since it plays retro and chart, instead of just the chart on a loop, which can get really repetitive if you listen to a lot of radio! get lucky every day... aarghhh 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Has Scott been past his Radio 1 days? He's now 40, and Sara left and she's only 38! So does this mean he is now Radio 2 material? I'm not sure, where would you guys think Scott could fit onto Radio 2? eruqene8.jpg

Yes. By current R1 standards- too old, to be completely blunt. I should think it won't be long before we are reading a topic about him being moved on.

I don't see him fitting into R2 quickly, or easily either, however. So Commercial, I guess, should be the answer... how much would it pay though?

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Has Scott been past his Radio 1 days? He's now 40, and Sara left and she's only 38! So does this mean he is now Radio 2 material? I'm not sure, where would you guys think Scott could fit onto Radio 2? eruqene8.jpg

Yes. By current R1 standards- too old, to be completely blunt. I should think it won't be long before we are reading a topic about him being moved on.

I don't see him fitting into R2 quickly, or easily either, however. So Commercial, I guess, should be the answer... how much would it pay though?

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I'm not a blogger, but a huge R1 and mainly Scott Mills Fan, have been for years.I don't think he'll ever get the Breakfast show, but I don't think he wants it anyway. I also don't think Scott would fit in well on R2, I genuinely think his style has evolved and his personality suits R1 (more so than other 'presenters' have attempted).

Coxy may have jumped ship to do her 80's show on R2, but I reckon Mills still has AT LEAST another five years on Radio1!

There's still a few years left in him, I think he's more than good enough and relevant to Radio 1. If the bosses see it that way though I'm not so sure, but don't forget Mark Radcliffe was 45 in 2004 when he left Radio 1. So by that standard then there should still be some time for Scott, if he was doing cover shows by now and moved to weekends than maybe you could say his time is short there.

on the grid.

His contract ends in April 2015 I think? I'm pretty sure his contract was for three years when he first got moved to the afternoon slot. He has hinted before that he might leave Radio 1 when his contract ends. Hopefully though he'll stay for another few years. The show has been brilliant recently, and judging by the RAJAR's, listening figures have been increasing too. Out of all the shows, even though Scott is older his seems the most young and relevant really. His show is definitely the funniest out of the current lineup and the most engaging. Hopefully bosses will realise this and keep him on afternoons for at least another 5 years.

His contract ends in April 2015 I think? I'm pretty sure his contract was for three years when he first got moved to the afternoon slot. He has hinted before that he might leave Radio 1 when his contract ends. Hopefully though he'll stay for another few years. The show has been brilliant recently, and judging by the RAJAR's, listening figures have been increasing too. Out of all the shows, even though Scott is older his seems the most young and relevant really. His show is definitely the funniest out of the current lineup and the most engaging. Hopefully bosses will realise this and keep him on afternoons for at least another 5 years.

I don't think Ben Cooper will agree. To be honest, however much I like Scott- I think he's too old- personally I think the shows getting worse- and if he would be on Radio 2 or 6 Music then it would be better!

I think Scott still sounds a lot younger than Sara and Moyles & Co. I suppose a big part of that is the fact he isn't talking about children / family etc. and his personal life isn't a big part of his show, there's no narrative.

I also feel that the addition of Chris has made the show sound younger. If Scott was flying solo I think it could be a different story.