Unofficial Mills

Jan 2014- Place your bets

fathomer90

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think they moved him just for the sake of it.. Don't see how Mills can be bringing in that many older listeners..

I agree, I think his show actually sounds fairly young with features like innuendo bingo and a 25 year old co-host. Of course DJs in Fearne and Scott's slot are bound to bring in older listeners as lots of radio 1 listeners will be students at school or uni. I'm sure I read somewhere that when Greg (the youngest DJ) was doing the lunchtime slot he had the oldest average age of Moyles, Fearne, Greg and Mills.

I agree, I think his show actually sounds fairly young with features like innuendo bingo and a 25 year old co-host. Of course DJs in Fearne and Scott's slot are bound to bring in older listeners as lots of radio 1 listeners will be students at school or uni. I'm sure I read somewhere that when Greg (the youngest DJ) was doing the lunchtime slot he had the oldest average age of Moyles, Fearne, Greg and Mills.

^The reason that WHOEVER is on the 1-4 slot is likely to have older listeners is because tradesmen such as myself listen through the daytime, whereas the younger listen in the morning and after school/college, which is why they moved Greg to the drive-time slot.

I think in Jan 2014 it will be...

4 - 6:30 - Currently Unknown (like Greg James was)

6:30 - 10 - Grimmy

10 - 1 - Fearne

1 - 4 - Scott Mills

4 - 7 - Greg James

7 - 9 - Zane Lowe

Weekends

7 - 10 - Gemma Cairney

10 - 1 - Matt Edmonson

1 - 4 - Huw Stevens

4 - 7 - Danny Howard/Reggie Chart

They Arent likely to change too much in a short space of time, they have already changed a lot, I think Vernon Kay's Time is up, Sara will move to radio 2 (because she's boring like J.Vine, S.Wright & the rest) and Matt Edmonson has a young fan base like Grimmy because of T4.

That's my opinion, anyhow!

I ONCE KNEW A COLLIE DOG CALLED MOYLES

Thank you for that Relevant, Concise and thorough input...

LGKersh makes some excellent points here about the audience they're going to get at certain times, liking it or not. You ever tried running a radio station and getting a young audience when they're supposed to be at school/college?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

• 1 year later...

LGKERSH AS THE FOUNDER OF THIS POST I DECLARE.....YOU WIN THE WALKERS CRISPS!!!! WELL DONE!!!

DM if you want me to post them to you. Although since the forum has slowed down to a graveyard pace in the last 2 years (not its fault just people moving to twitter and things) I doubt you will ever realise what you could have won. Sad times.