Unofficial Mills

Adele in Live Lounge XL

Jono

A bit of a harsh title but it's not what it seems!

Adele has revealed that she will play a special Live Lounge show on Radio 1 later this month.

The singer, who is gearing up for the release of her sophomore LP 21, will be the first artist to be given an extended 30 minute version of the gig, which usually sees an singer perform their latest single and cover a track of their choice.

"I'm really excited to appear in the Live Lounge again. The last time around was so much fun," Music Rooms quotes her as saying.

"I'm honoured to be the first artist to do this extended version. I have a very special cover lined up which I can't wait to perform."

The 'Chasing Pavements' star will perform her new single 'Rolling In The Deep' as well as a cover and four other tracks.

Adele releases 21 on January 24.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a297175/adele-to-play-extended-live-lounge-gig.html

Bit more info on the Live Lounge XL:

Adele to perform in Radio 1 Live Lounge Special

Date: 10.01.2011

Category: Radio 1

BBC Radio 1 has today announced details of a special extended Live Lounge, taking place on Thursday 27 January, with an exclusive performance from singer-songwriter and double Grammy award-winner Adele.

Having performed in the Live Lounge twice before back in 2008, Adele will be heading to the BBC Maida Vale Studios for the Live Lounge Special which will see the star performing a total of six songs.

Over the years, Radio 1's world famous Live Lounge has played host to the biggest and best acts in the music world, with artists such as Coldplay and U2, through to Tinchy Stryder and Jay-Z and many more, performing their own hits and spine-tingling covers.

The increasingly popular Live Lounge sessions are presented by Fearne Cotton and have become the established place for artists to perform their latest single as well as a stripped down cover song of their own choice.

Adele said: "I'm really excited to appear in the Live Lounge again, the last time around was so much fun. I'm honoured to be the first artist to do this extended version. I have a very special cover lined up which I can't wait to perform."

On top of performing her latest single, Rolling In The Deep, Adele will perform one cover, along with a further four songs in a 30-minute takeover on Fearne's Radio 1 weekday show.

The Live Lounge special was announced during Fearne Cotton's Radio 1 show today.

Fearne said: ''New year, new special Live Lounge! You'll hear six acoustic tracks and a whole half hour of live music on my show - it's brilliant that we can do that at 11 in the morning on Radio 1. Adele has one of those voices that just gets you and her new album is sensational. This is a must listen!''

Fearne Cotton airs weekdays 10am-12.45pm on BBC Radio 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2011/01_january/10/lounge.shtml

james_ryder.png

• 2 weeks later...