Unofficial Mills

Zane on breakfast

Hammer

Haven't listened that much, but apparently the music is awesome. But Zane's evening show is great music-wise so there you go. Moyles just has playlist stuff on, the banter/conversation/actual show is much better there.

yeah but Moyles often tries to get out of playlist stuff if he doesn't like it anyways, and also gives us the Golden Hour etc which is a break from Playlist.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

yeah but Moyles often tries to get out of playlist stuff if he doesn't like it anyways, and also gives us the Golden Hour etc which is a break from Playlist.

I suppose, he does his best. There's probably rules he has to follow as to what he can play.

I really haven't enjoyed having Zane on breakfast I'm afraid.

Whilst I think he's absolutely fabulous at 7pm, he really isn't my cup of tea at 7am.

I also like Annie Mac very much, but again I feel she is far more suited to an evening show.

Huw can do no wrong in my eyes. He's been doing a fantastic job. He has an excellent taste in music, he also appears to work very well as both a day-time and a night-time DJ.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I have really enjoyed Huw and Grimmy. I like Annie and Zane but at that time in the morning I can give or take it. I think the reaction has been pretty good though on the whole.

I could imagine Radio 1 where Moyles did breakfast, Huw did mornings, Zane on afternoons and Grimmy on drive.

I do miss the playlist when I just want to unwind though. All the new music doesn't provide that familiarity I often like about Radio 1.

Generally I've enjoyed listening to Zane on breakfast, he has played some very good music this week that you wouldn't normally get to hear on daytime R1 and the 'Versus' rounds between 9 and 10 have been quite entertaining as well. Having said that though I do think his presenting style is better suited to evenings, the constant shouting and 'who's on board'-ing is a little much for that time in the morning.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I guess that's a bit like Mark and Lard, they weren't at their best on Breakfast either (though still better than what followed between them being on there up to Moyles getting the Breakfast gig, IMO) but brilliant when they were moved to the right slot in the afternoon.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...