Unofficial Mills

Dragons Den: Bannatyne wants Caan OUT!

James R

DRAGONS' Den star Duncan Bannatyne has urged bosses to ditch James Caan - and get Sun columnist Karren Brady on the show.

The Scottish millionaire says Karren - who is on Junior Apprentice - would fit in alongside Deborah Meaden if BBC bosses shake-up the show.

But he insists they would never dare oust him or mobile phone magnate Peter Jones. He said: "Only me and Peter are integral to the show. Anyone else could go.

"James Caan never gelled with the rest of us and it's got nothing to do with him starting later in the programme.

"I hope he doesn't come back. I know they're wanting to change things and mix it up, and I agree it needs it. A couple of dragons could do with being cut."

He added: "Karren would be good in the Den. They've said they want more women. Deborah gets a lot of criticism. It really doesn't seem to bother her."

Duncan is often seen arguing with Peter, but insists that they are "good friends".

He added: "We wind each other up and the rows in the Den are real. One argument was so bad they didn't show it. But we are good friends."

Duncan also said he cannot see Theo Paphitis returning to the show.

He said: "He's launching a big new lingerie company next year and he's going to be very busy with that so I can't see him returning, but I hope he does."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3138361/Duncan-Bannatyne-urges-Beeb-to-ditch-James-Caan-for-Karren-Brady.html

Seems the war of words from Duncan to James continues

james_ryder.png

According to Duncans Twitter its false however there is still a rift between himself and James

@njcurwood 1, Ididn't say it 2, he does not speak to me so we can't be friends 10 minutes ago via web in reply to njcurwood

http://twitter.com/DuncanBannatyne

Duncan said a few months ago that he was pissed off at business people who are biased off-shore like James is, he only comes over a couple of days a week & meets his team & doesn't pay much tax.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M53h-rXdCIQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M53h-rXdCIQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:)

Duncan said a few months ago that he was pissed off at business people who are biased off-shore like James is, he only comes over a couple of days a week & meets his team & doesn't pay much tax<object height="385" width="640"></object>

That was the rift I was referring to. It was quite apparent in the latest series they didnt get along

james_ryder.png

;380336']I can't understand what he's saying. :oops:

basically,

Duncan's company is based in the UK & pays £X amount of tax on profits (etc) & his own pay maybe 50% of his pay if he earns above £100,000 a year,

James's company is based in the Cayman Islands & pays there tax rates which is basically nothing & he pays nothing to the UK tax man in way of profits, also he lives in Marbella most of the time & can spend a set number of days on the UK to run his company, by doing this he doesn't pay any (a little amount) of tax on his pay, so he can sell stuff cheaper as he can make up the difference on the tax he doesn't pay.

so if you buy something off of Duncan some of the money goes to the UK taxman, but if you buy something off of James none of the money goes to the UK taxman.

*note;

James may pay full UK tax on his own pay & on all of his company interests & other investments, i was using James as a example.

:)