Unofficial Mills

Greg James not Greg James!

jdog55

Guest PineapplesLikeAarons
It is also a little known fact that Fearne Cotton is actually called Kevin.

Actually, Kevin in my friend Lauren: Kevin The Seacucumber..

And I didn't know James wasn't Gregs real surname. Is it his middle name, or did he make it up??

And, also, Mr Hudson's real name is actually Ben Hudson Mc-something. (: (Not that he is on the radio - he does use public transport though..)

they are simply pointless & serve no purpose, how can they identify themselves to the listener & the listener identify with the dj if they have to lie about their name, it is also quite vain.

Sadly you're wrong. It's a very idealistic viewpoint you have. The Media industry is very fickle and to get a job you have to look and sound right. Often these radio names will be forced up on them (as was the case with Chris Holmes, the man we now as Chris Moyles). The sad truth is if your real name and the one your known as is say Gregory Campbell-Smith for example you are more likely to get a job as a DJ if your name rolls of the tongue and sounds like the sort of name the stations target audience can relate with. I wish what you're saying was right but it isn't, sadly.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Sadly you're wrong. It's a very idealistic viewpoint you have. The Media industry is very fickle and to get a job you have to look and sound right. Often these radio names will be forced up on them (as was the case with Chris Holmes, the man we now as Chris Moyles). The sad truth is if your real name and the one your known as is say Gregory Campbell-Smith for example you are more likely to get a job as a DJ if your name rolls of the tongue and sounds like the sort of name the stations target audience can relate with. I wish what you're saying was right but it isn't, sadly.

if monday Chris said fuck it, from now on the show will be known as the Chris Holmes Show, would it make any difference, no it wouldn't, if you are good at something name, looks etc make no difference whatsoever.

also Chris Moyles is no better than Chris Holmes, its just crap, if your going to do it then do it properly, like Vince Cable, Lord Adonis, Max Power or Biggus Dickus.

why do we all here on UM from now on use the dj's actual proper names ?

:)

if monday Chris said fuck it, from now on the show will be known as the Chris Holmes Show, would it make any difference, no it wouldn't, if you are good at something name, looks etc make no difference whatsoever.

also Chris Moyles is no better than Chris Holmes, its just crap, if your going to do it then do it properly, like Vince Cable, Lord Adonis, Max Power or Biggus Dickus.

Probably the best name in politics :D

Off topic entirely, but Vince Cable went to my school. So did Steve Mclaren, but since he failed we've disowned him. :D

Haha! McClaren is actually doing a fantastic job with FC Twente in the Netherlands.

I thought that Holmes was his mother's maiden name? I'm sure in his book he mentions that he would never do radio with a false name, and didnt like working at Radio Luxembourg using Holmes as his name.

Actually, Kevin in my friend Lauren: Kevin The Seacucumber..

And I didn't know James wasn't Gregs real surname. Is it his middle name, or did he make it up??

And, also, Mr Hudson's real name is actually Ben Hudson Mc-something. (: (Not that he is on the radio - he does use public transport though..)

James is his middle name

and Mr Hudson's real name is Ben McIdowlie

I think it's kind of sad that I didn't need to google either of these things.

I thought that Holmes was his mother's maiden name? I'm sure in his book he mentions that he would never do radio with a false name, and didnt like working at Radio Luxembourg using Holmes as his name.

That's what I thought, when he did that Who Do You Think You Are, the family on his Dad's side were traced and they were definitely all Moyleses, Holmes was on his mother's side. Mother's maiden name is NOT the same as real name and nothing I can find anywhere suggests he ever called himself Chris Holmes...

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

That's what I thought, when he did that Who Do You Think You Are, the family on his Dad's side were traced and they were definitely all Moyleses, Holmes was on his mother's side. Mother's maiden name is NOT the same as real name and nothing I can find anywhere suggests he ever called himself Chris Holmes...

The only time he has ever 'called' himself Holmes was during his time at Radio Luxembourg, and he explained that another DJ (Jonathan Miles I think) had a similar name to him and he was banned from using Moyles

The only time he has ever 'called' himself Holmes was during his time at Radio Luxembourg, and he explained that another DJ (Jonathan Miles I think) had a similar name to him and he was banned from using Moyles

hmm now THAT is an example of Holmes actually being his 'DJ' name, but with good reason.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Probably the best name in politics :D

Haha! McClaren is actually doing a fantastic job with FC Twente in the Netherlands.

Other than the fact he resigned and went to Hamburg last week.

hmm now THAT is an example of Holmes actually being his 'DJ' name, but with good reason.

Yeah he says in his book he wasn't happy about doing it. Went back to Moyles the minute he left Radio Luxembourg.

And Alan I never said it would make a difference to the show its done for marketting purposes and to appeal to the right target audience.

ChrisHewgill.jpg