Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Night on BBC 2

Jono

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's R1 stuff was outstanding.... I noticed the first of the programme's had actually been written by Moyles!! Fascinating to go through the different time periods. I understand more now how R1 became involved with the Ibiza stuff, etc.

Get Mike Smith: how he has AGED. OMG. OMG.

10/10

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Its was good. I very much enjoyed the Moyles documentary and the Smashy and Nicey documentary was hilarious. First broadcast in 1994 apparently. I wasn't sure about the other stuff though. It wasn't as if BBC 2 put much effort into it. They showed a 23 year old Wogan show which was average at best - though nice to see John Peel. And the Radio 1 story was very outdated. They over-dramatised the Blood On The Carpet show. Almost as if they wanted to hammer home a subject we already know about.

take control

I enjoyed the drama.... Didn't see that much of it though, because it was already past my bedtime. Boo :-(

Oh, BTW, one comment I do have to make is: I liked the rule of the past about DJs not being able to name-drop, etc., etc., and wish this applied to today's (2010) radio.... sometimes when I see all the name-dropping on twitter, it reads as incredibly fake, and is extremely annoying.

Just a small point.

Mike Smith actually had a near fatal Hammond style helicopter crash a few years back, and I noticed that after that he really seemed to age, and change, as has Hammond imo. Inevitable after a near death experience I suppose.

We only watched the first two documentaries. Found them really interesting. I was impressed to see that Moyles wrote his programme. Will catch up on the rest tonight.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Yep, that majorily impressed me that Moyles wrote it himself. Fantastico.

I didn't actually know that Mike Smith had been in such a bad helicopter crash

:-(

I thought it an interesting change of career too: I mean, to go from R1 to helicopters.

Mike also clearly didn't approve of Moyles' presenting style, because he often talks to a group around him and to himself, rather than engaging with the audience. I would tend to agree with this: more listener interactivity would be good.

nice to see Mike Read again and the old R1 roadshows. I remember winding up at one of those (from a distance) purely by accident in Wales a long time ago. Went there with my Welsh ex-fiance (bastard), and R1 were on the road that day!!

To see them all ageing made me kind of think what Scott, Moyles, Coxy, etc. will look like 10 years from now. Will they hold up well, or look like ageing decrepit statues.

Well doesn't Moyles already have greys etc?

I wonder if ageing is why Scott no longer seems to be orange (at least he didn't look it on the Family Guy Top 20 Characters thing that was on over the weekend), fake tan would show up the wrinkles too much?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Well, yes, but his face is still relatively youthful, and he's lost a lot of weight, which has done wonders, I think, for his appearance.

I think Scott has BOTOX (whispers this), so wrinkles are dubious (for the moment anyway).

BTW, I was reading in one of my women's magazines yesterday that if Jordan has any more botox, her entire face is gonna collapse.

How scary is that. :-)

Chris Moyles proved he should stick to radio after his documentary on Radio 1 DJ’s performed poorly for BBC2 last night.

When Moyles Met the Radio 1 Breakfast DJs, which formed part of a night devoted to BBC radio, was watched by an average audience of 1.72m (7%) across the 9pm hour last night. This was nearly 700,000 viewers below the slot average of 2.4m (9.17%), according to figures from Attentional.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/ratings/moyles-radio-1-doc-stutters/5013585.article