Unofficial Mills

Vernon Kay Leaving?

James R

VERNON Kay has bagged a $1million contract to host a prime-time game show in the US.

The married star, who The Sun revealed had been sending sex texts to girls, will front The Six for ABC after impressing bosses with his Bolton accent.

He flew over to Los Angeles for a screen test last week and executives were so pleased they snapped him up ahead of several US presenters also in the frame.

A pal of the lanky 35-year-old said: "This is great news for Vernon and cements his reputation as a solid game show host.

"He hoped they'd give him the job but, as he's English with a broad accent, it wasn't always a done deal.

"Yet the accent actually swung it for him because they loved it."

The deal will see Vernon move to the US for filming this summer - taking wife Tess Daly, 41, and their kids Phoebe, five, and 11-month-old Amber along too.

Executives have high hopes for The Six, which is based on Russia's highest-rating game show What? Where? When?

In it, six contestants answer questions by spinning a Wheel Of Fortune-style circle.

Vern has also just signed an exclusive one-year ITV deal, while his new show The Whole 19 Yards is riding high too.

Last Saturday's episode pulled in 5.3million, a similar haul to BBC1 rival Over The Rainbow.

The friend added: "Vernon has had a difficult few months but he's bounced back."

james_ryder.png

Guest PineapplesLikeAarons
They have to shoe-horn the texts in.

Funnily enough, I was only thinking this the other day.

Juzz found out about the texts. What a div.

actually to be fair there were bits of Vernon Kay's show I used to like... mainly the bits where he shut up and played some music, but that's when the playlist had a higher percentage of quality... sorry, KOALATY music in it.

*yep, that's about as nice as I can get about Vernon*

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Vernon is one of my favourite current presenters on Radio 1, his Saturday show is always a good listen with the maths question and the various guests he has on the show. I miss Vernon on Sundays and have always wanted him to get a weekday slot so I'm really hoping he is staying to be honest.

Vernon is one of my favourite current presenters on Radio 1, his Saturday show is always a good listen with the maths question and the various guests he has on the show. I miss Vernon on Sundays and have always wanted him to get a weekday slot so I'm really hoping he is staying to be honest.

Hi vernon.

etheridge_tom.png

Guest PineapplesLikeAarons
First time for me to agree with you.

First time for everything (: Though I'm sure you agree with me about a lot of things. Jedward, for a start..

I like him on the TV but not on the radio.

Also as I can't see him having a weekday show anytime soon I don't suppose his current Radio 1 show is that big a commitment to him.

I guess a lot of us thought the same about Fearne Cotton, especially considering how often she was away when doing her shows with Reggie on the weekends. I guess if he gets a weekday show, which I think is highly unlikely, it'll go much higher up in his list of priorities and commitments.

If he was to leave, I wouldn't be sad, I would be gutted.

He's by far one of the best presenters they currently have, I would like to think he has a lot of radio life left in him yet. I also think he's a pretty descent tv presenter as well. I hope if he's got some tv work in the US that he would just be away for a bit recording then back. I dread to think who we'll be subjected to as his cover or replacement

Not impressed with censorship

• 2 weeks later...
VERNON Kay has insisted his home life with Tess Daly is back on track after his sex text scandal.

The Family Fortunes host admitted to The Sun earlier this year how he'd been sending explicit messages to five different women behind his wife's back.

But today during an appearance on This Morning, the star suggested he'd been forgiven for his antics.

After presenter Phillip Schofield asked him how he was coping following his "tricky time", Vernon replied: "Everything's really, really good.

"Tess is good, the girls are good. We're getting ready for Amber's first birthday. So yeah, everything's great."

Vernon, 36, also confirmed that his family will travel to the US with him in the summer as he will be fronting new ABC show The Six.

He said: "We're going to go over for a month in July. I'm looking forward to that."

james_ryder.png

I would assume Matt Edmondson will just do two shows when he goes over.

I remember Dick and Dom used to do a lot of Saturdays as cover for Vernon so you're probably right. That said... Is it in anyway possible that he may do a Moyles and do the show from Sirius?

ChrisHewgill.jpg