Unofficial Mills

Tech help required

James R

It's a bit of bloody sophisticated malware if it's hiding in svchost. You're not going to be able to get rid of it that easily. Even if it is like that, it'll at least be under a different, probably nice, harmless sounding name. But yeah, I don't see why you can't have a look...

Also, as a precaution, if you can, disconnect it from the Internet or at the very least don't type in any personal passwords, it could have a keylogger feature...

samozzy.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

or you could try this http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/ you will also need to use this forum http://www.hijackthis.de/ be very careful using HijackThis as it will also remove core windows files as it doesn't distinguish between good files or bad ones.

HijackThis would be able to remove registry problems, as i said you need to be very careful with removing registry files.

:)

HijackThis would be able to remove registry problems, as i said you need to be very careful with removing registry files.

Indeed. Very very careful. The infamous Windows Registry, touch NOTHING unless you know what you're doing, and even then it's advised you don't touch anything...

"I never could resist a keep out sign"

Make a system restore point before you delve in there, just in case.

samozzy.png

That's a bit idiotic if it comes bundled in with it. It's like the Dell Dock that broke, but then I fixed it.

I don't even want to mess with half the stuff. I don't see why I'd ever need to change the fan speed on the graphics card. It's at 54 degrees in there, and I don't know if that's good or bad...

Ohai.

do you know where you got the virus from ?

it wasn't facebook was it ??

i had to sort a mate of mines out last week from something his mrs got from facebook, i had to do a factory reset so he lost everything :(

Facebook. Srsly.

Unless you're using some dodgy Facebook app, just using the site for its purpose (keeping up with friends, checking photos, commenting and whatnot) then you can't really get one...

samozzy.png

Facebook. Srsly.

Unless you're using some dodgy Facebook app, just using the site for its purpose (keeping up with friends, checking photos, commenting and whatnot) then you can't really get one...

a women from where his mrs works sent his mrs a message & when she clicked on the link in the message the computer got trojan'd up, because she didn't know that her account had been hacked & the account had automatically sent out the same message to all the friends on her friends list, i also got a message myself, but as i know about these sorts of things i didn't click on the link & knew it was a virus one so i deleted it & reported & also phoned up my mate to tell him.

:)

a women from where his mrs works sent his mrs a message & when she clicked on the link in the message the computer got trojan'd up, because she didn't know that her account had been hacked & the account had automatically sent out the same message to all the friends on her friends list, i also got a message myself, but as i know about these sorts of things i didn't click on the link & knew it was a virus one so i deleted it & reported & also phoned up my mate to tell him.

Oh.. Well that's just a bit silly. Like the Twitter things.. You usually learn about them and then remember. Oh well.

samozzy.png