Unofficial Mills

Katona axed from Iceland adverts

Jono

Supermarket Iceland has sacked Kerry Katona from its advertising campaigns, saying it was "impossible" for her to continue in the role.

The move follows allegations in the News Of The World that the former member of pop group Atomic Kitten was taking Class A drugs.

Ms Katona has featured in the ads for four years, since she won the TV show I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here.

The firm said that it would help her get support if she needed its aid.

An Iceland spokesman added that for "most" of her time working for the chain, she had "been a successful part of our advertising campaigns".

"But she has also been through some tough times in her personal life," they added.

"We have always stood by her, as an example of a normal person and mum who has experienced some of the modern-day culture of fame, and how difficult it can be to deal with.

"However, following the most recent allegations, we feel it is impossible for Kerry to continue to work with us as one of the faces of Iceland advertising."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8206339.stm

I think it was her husband who secretly filmed her. Mind you, she's dense enough to probably let him film her snorting cocaine in the first place. I know Coleen has just filmed a new batch of adverts with Kerry and they are yet to be released - I wonder if they'll put them on the tv or they'll have to be redone?

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

it wouldn't surprise me if it was that Mark bloke, he needs a smack for the way he has treated, used & took advantage of her :slap:

the problem is that all the blokes she has been with have just used her, & combined with her addictive personality & bipolar disorder things like this were bound to happen, her up-bringing or lack of it hasn't helped & fame & fortune at a young age things will spiral out of control.

what she has needed in life is a guy to love her & not her money !

from what i have heard her say on tv etc (not the made up crap in the papers) if you read between the lines she does seem to be quite a nice person, it seems strange that the press hate Kerry & yet they love a bitch like Jordon.

*comments retracted

:)

Steph, i know we will never know what really happened, but she was supposedly seeing other people when she was with Pete, personally i don't know what bloke would see in her.

(i didn't mean to cause offense, i could have just put she is a nasty piece of work i suppose)

anyway what i was trying to do was compare the two, as people seem to love Jordon yet hate Kerry, & from what i have seen Kerry hasn't really done anything to make people feel this way towards her, ok she does seem to come across a bit crazy sometimes, but that would be due to her psychological problems, she seems to have tried he best to bring up her kid's even though she didn't have much as a child herself.

seems like some people just like to kick you when your down.

:)

says in the paper the police want to question her about having a controlled substance & she could get seven years in the slammer !

what the hell for !

nobody else who gets caught with some coke gets locked up for seven years !

you get less for murder.

Or plotting to bring down PanAm 747s. Exactly who in the police sees an old picture of someone snorting a substance, that can't be identified and threatens prosecution?

Exactly how do they go about proving the stuff in the picture isn't glucose? I know it's probably the much overrated cocaine, but the prosecution still has to prove this beyond reasonable doubt. Waste of taxpayers if this was proceeded with.

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'