Unofficial Mills

27th July to 31st July 2009

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See now I think you'll have a better chance of tempting Scott to the party. Although I agree he sounded a little, er, "distant".

I think you'd have to have a helicopter landing pad in your garden to get him there though.

Plus pay for the flight to get him there and have wine in the helicopter to tempt him in.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

@beccyhuxtable hey its rio! how r things?just wondered if u wer stil in the uk or ud managed 2 get away with scot n soak up the rays like us

@RedRio ha haha that's still one of my most embarrassing moments ever... stuck in rainy uk wondering what surgery scott will have this time!

@beccyhuxtable get back 2 me n mayb u cud giv the interveiw another shot! cya around x

http://twitter.com/RedRio/

I sense she thought it was genuinely him to start with.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yeah they make the weekend shifts go so much quicker. Like today, the piece about Matt falling asleep in the cafe was funny, it's clear to see why they're going to weekdays. It could well be they were thinking of Danny for it and like you say have decided against that, or like I said at the start it's James Cusack and the slow down on the announcement is him getting out of his contract. Remember he works for radio 1's main rivals. I think it's quite telling that he's doing more r1 cover than usual, tomorrow and then a further 3 weekend shows in a row
    • Nat in for Dean with Vicky between the 28th-30th May.
    • I suspect they’re gonna tie the announcement into something, or they’ve changed plans. I know we’ve said it as a joke but I wonder if Aled was planning on giving it to someone like Danny Beard, but he’s decided against that after the last few weeks. Seems clear to me, though, that if Jordan hadn’t left, then Katie would’ve taken Dean and Vicky’s slot and Matt and Mollie would’ve stayed on weekends, which probably explains why they haven’t picked a replacement yet. If it was going to be the obvious choice, I.e. James Cusack, surely they would’ve announced it by now..?
    • Yep think they mentioned that this is their penultimate weekend of shows but then they will also be on air during Big Weekend and they mentioned they'll be doing 'Party Anthems' on stage during Big Weekend which sounds intriguing. Will miss Matt & Mollie on weekends - they in particular have made that Friday afternoon slot their own - but they'll be great on weekdays. Do wonder if 'Summer on Radio 1' is just a placeholder name until they decide on who will cover the interim. While it's obviously not the case it does feel like they've forgotten there's that weekend afternoon slot to fill given no permenant presenter has been announced for it yet.
    • Zoe Ball is back on the breakfast show on Monday.
    • Just listening to matt and mollie at work and heard them say it's their second to last show on weekends
    • And Arielle mentioned in her Instagram post that her final early breakfast show is the 27th of June - the Thursday before Glastonbury 
    • When Matt covered breakfast on 22nd April, he said their new show was starting in 10 weeks, so that’d be the 1st July.
    • Would love for it to be like the Summer Friday Thing that me and @DC were remisincing about recently. Lots of events going on that could easily form part of it.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/summer/cardiff/thursday/1.shtml
    • I'm guessing there is also a stack of weekend events like Glastonbury
    • I think more likely it'll just be a temp presenter for weekends 1-4 to give Matt & Mollie time off, plus time to plan and pilot the new show.
    • Yeah I don’t think they’ll be anything that drastic - maybe a week or 2 of cover on early breakfast etc, but maybe just having that weekend afternoon slot covered over the summer means they can put someone on from September who maybe isn’t available until then? 
    • But they said the main changes would happen in July.
    • But they said the main changes would happen in July.
    • I wouldn't be surprised if they do this around June time: 05.00 Ore Olukoga 07.00 Greg James 10.30 RMC 14.00 VKJ  That'll probably happen (for my guess) from the 17th June. And for weekends: 07:00 Sam & Danni 11:00 Gregor Davidson 15:00 Charlie Hedges Maybe Fridays aswell: 07:00 Greg James 11:00 Gregor Davidson 14:30 Jack Saunders