Unofficial Mills

Britney Spears could hit Swindon!

Jono

As I mentioned yesterday it seems like Radio 1 are keen to get Britney Spears on board. But would she actually sing?

BRITNEY SPEARS could perform in Britain ahead of her O2 dates in June — in, er, Swindon.

Radio 1 have asked her to be involved in their Big Weekend outdoor event that is taking place in May.

N-DUBZ and SNOW PATROL are already on the bill for the two-day gig, at Swindon’s Lydiard Park on May 9 and 10.

Brit is due to finish the American leg of The Circus tour on May 2 and does not begin the UK run of nine dates until June 3, so she could slip in a trip to Wiltshire if she wanted.

A station insider told me: “Everyone’s got their fingers crossed that Britney will come on board.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2327472.ece

• 3 weeks later...
I was told ( by a council insider) it's just a rumour about Britney & that U2 & Coldplay ARE playing;)

Pretty sure U2 have ruled it out. Could be a red herring but Moyles said from Day 1 they had rejected it. Coldplay seems quite likely.