Unofficial Mills

Youtube Blocks Music Videos to the UK

dstrkzn

YouTube is blocking all premium music videos to UK users after failing to reach a new licensing agreement with the Performing Right Society (PRS).

Thousands of videos will be unavailable to YouTube users from later on Monday.

Source

Thoughts?!?

Its Crazyy!

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Guest inxces4308

I actually think YouTube is starting to become a little tired. They need to update it. Add nicer graphics, improved playback and better quality videos.

Take the Iplayer for example. Probably, behind the main BBC page, one of their most visited websites. It has never failed to impress me. Youtube on the otherhand always trys its hardest to annoys me.

This could go either way. Ruin YouTube and give their success onto something better. Or as mentioned above give YouTube even more power if the agreement changes.

Hopefully Apple will come up with a great solution for everybody. It will actually work if its Apple. Microsoft will probably try, and fail.

I actually think YouTube is starting to become a little tired. They need to update it. Add nicer graphics, improved playback and better quality videos.

Is HD not enough for you...

Click the HD button, How do you suggest they improve?

Attunement.png

Guest inxces4308
Is HD not enough for you...

Click the HD button, How do you suggest they improve?

Ok, i hadent seen that little button. But i want them still to improve it.

When users upload videos, i dont want them to compress it so much and make the audio go into an awful quality. Aswell as the video.

I dont expect 128kps/320kps audio - mainly because of copyright protection, etc.

But i hate hearing things that are close to 32/64kps. Atlteast give us 116kps.

That a good enough answer?

PS - I also want them to improve loading speeds. Iplayer manages it just fine. As do many other video sites.

I love YouTube so this is disappointing. It's a legal minefield I think but companies are just becoming too greedy. It's like with some of the Yo Gabba Gabba videos I put up mixed with The Ting Tings. One got blocked and Sony shoved adverts all over the others. Sony removed the Dimitri mix of Eminem too. It's stupid - all about money. So I hope YouTube win this.

Well when I want to download a podcast that's uk available only, i usually reroute my web server to a UK proxy address. I pay for one so It's secure all the time. However, there are other proxies from around the world that you can get around seeing music videos on. Seriously, someone else is always posting those things on their channel anyway. Don't worry!

Well, I was watching the new Calvin Harris video last night on You Tube and it still seems to be there this morning... hmmmm.

It's very much just threats about it going off at the end of the month at the moment. Bit like when Sky threatened to take their channels off of Virgin Media. Although that did happen for a year.

I pretty much never use YouTube. When I do, music videos are one of the few things I watch. People will just keep uploading them though surely even if they get taken down.

It always seems to take ages to buffer things and involving pausing my music to watch YouTube videos and often crashes my browser as well so I rarely bother.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest inxces4308

GRRRR!!! This is really pissing me off. I decided to YouTube for some Jack Johnson stuff and everything i clicked on i got this:

'This video is not available in your country.'.

On Music videos, on live videos, on hand-held camera videos.

Really really really really really really really really annoying!

Guest inxces4308
Mines still playing for me, tried a few artists too

Perhaps its your internet provider or something. I've just tryed a couple of 'Chart' artists and all their videos are also blocked.

Just get a red bar with 'This video is not available in your country'

YouTube is blocking all premium music videos to UK users after failing to reach a new licensing agreement with the Performing Right Society (PRS).

Thousands of videos will be unavailable to YouTube users from later on Monday.

Source

Thoughts?!?

Its Crazyy!

Just use a proxy server

we could class this as racist, why not!? the americans get EVERYTHING before us, sometimes we don't even get it at all. stupid money grabbing bastards.

You've got Stone Henge and crop circles...

I wear boys underwear