Unofficial Mills

Our Call

David

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

After the Mills' excellent show y/day evening... (thought Madonna was coming on @ first, and had almost spun out-of-control with excitement - Lorraine Kelly was lovely too tho' !!), I switched over to my pleasant local West FM!

Discovered they were doing an evening of one-hit wonders only: from the 70's, 80's, 90's... this went down a raging storm !! I requested Nena's "99 red balloons" which was picked up by text before 9 p.m. last nite, and thoroughly enjoyed singing the choon @ the top of my voice!

I think mils could do an extended "one-off your call" for an hour, with listeners requesting one-hit wonders ONLY, and explaining why they have chosen such and such a choon!! Just think how popular Take Over Days have been in the past !! Excellent stuff ! :woo: :woo:

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Personally I thought last night's Dick and Dom & Lorraine Kelly show was very entertaining throughout.

Yep,It was highly amusing,I havent laughed so much in a while.Im glad they stayed on for another hour.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

they did a similar thing on my local station as well called "The Radio City Rewind" It was good, I texted in for Strike U Sure Do for my cousin who was here, and they played it. I was chuffed

The DJ "Glen Hunt" also gave me and my cousin a mention.

Vernon's lie-in provides all different stuff from the past... I would like to see a themed your call, just for a random change. This was all about "one-hit wonders" ... and I don't believe I said the show wasn't excellent throughout. I said I switched AFTER Mills had finished for the evening. Taking time to read things properly sometimes helps.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Vernon's lie-in provides all different stuff from the past... I would like to see a themed your call, just for a random change.

I think that if you had a themed your call say 70's,80's,90's alot of people wont know who the band is because Radio1 is aimed at 15-24 year olds.Therefore they would probs switch over to their rubbish Local radio station.

I like Your call because I think its great to get the Listeners involved at the end of the show and all the songs that are chosen the listeners are familiar with them.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I think that if you had a themed your call say 70's,80's,90's alot of people wont know who the band is because Radio1 is aimed at 15-24 year olds.

I can see where you are coming from Ema but a few years back Moyles did some special Summer anthems, cant remember exactly what he labelled it as but I thought it was great, it was all the oldies (which can be goodies) which I really enjoyed. Not everybody who was born in the 80's - 90's should listen to music from their own era, There are quite a few good artists/bands from way before my time, Can't beat a good bit of Frank Sinatra to unwind.