Unofficial Mills

I'm doing the Surgery tonight

Aled

I guess when you're young like some callers they won't consider it too serious anyway. Particularly the one talking to someone in Spain at the age of 13.

I've only heard the last half hour of the show, so am not totally up on what's going on. What I've heard from Aled so far is as good as ever. Has he drunk all of his units of alcohol for today already though?;)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He certainly seems to have been drinking a fair bit today. I hope he's not fallen off the bandwagon! Perhaps he's drunk a little and not eaten ;)

There seems to have been back to school offers going on since July. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore. It used to really haunt me!

Why does this guy feel the need to talk about his sexuality? I would hate to meet someone who said they were gay in this first introduction. He shouldn't hide it, but don't boast about it either. Just subtly hint it.

Yeah my friend who is gay was worried about coming out when he was at school, he didn't want to be known as "Gay James" (not his name but you get the idea). He didn't want it to be the distinguishing feature of him like being gay is for Graham Norton. In the end people found out and no one was really that bothered although a few people made jokes about it. I think there is something to be said for people who are gay but don't want it to be a big deal, not all gay people feel the need to be flamboyant about it.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Yeah. I think this guy was concerned about it, but you should show your real side before worrying about your sexuality. Sexuality isn't going to change who you are. It's good that he wants to come out to them as it were though.

Argh I understand this exactly. My mother tried to make me do all sorts of things and never wanted me to do Geography at all. She also didn't want me to give up History after AS.

Ultimately though, it's your life, stick up for what you want to do.

It might well not help, but try pointing out that you're not in a gutter shooting up heroin!

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I was lazy and ended up doing just the two. In hindsight, I think I may have had the ME back then in my last year of college as I was getting shattered for doing very little. It could have been laziness though. Either way it did thankfully pan out for university as they were rather accepting. Proof it's not always about your grades.

My parents want me to do four A-Levels but I only want to do three :(

I chose to do 4 because it have me more flexibility with my uni offers, but I only had 3 free periods while my friends had 14. The found it easier to get their heads round the work load and so they got pretty high grades for their own standard. I know I could have got straight As if I had time to keep on top of the work but it exhausted me.

It depends how competitive the course you want to do at uni is also.

Ah, changing friends. Especially that are doing dark stuff. Always happens...

I don't know how old that texter is. But I think you're always going to lose a lot of friends around the college years. They change and start doing stuff you don't want to do. There's peer pressure and you either get involved or you back away.

I see it so much. I found some of my friends too immature and others too mature. I think you end up at college with just a few good friends compared to the amount of friends you had at high school.

I had no complaints... as hard as it was.

I'm looking forward to going to university a year later. It's my sister's age group and to be honest they seem no different to my year group. I think I'm better at talking to younger people anyway, although there'll no doubt be plenty of mature students there too.

My college was different. It was a sixth form. I think a general college would be more accepting. Like the one we have in Norwich.

I took a year out and had no problems whatsoever with relating to my peers when I arrived at Uni.

College would be different though, don't you think?

We know you love your toy boys anyway :P

No accident and emergency this week? Shame. Always educational that.

Probably not, provided she can be sociable. Dunno, I enjoy nattering away with all you anklebiters.

You get a lot of younger teachers these days anyway. If she's like the girls at my college she'll flirt with them and spend break in their rooms. Haha.

'Call the one life line, where you'll talk to some strange, er, trained advisers'.

Thoughts out loud again, Aled. Haha. Ah... seems I'll be going to bed with Jacko. First time for everything ;)

Heh. 'Da Bank Holiday'. Gosh, he's smooth!