18th August to 22nd August 2008

Jono

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I find worrying is how hard they found the exam.

I know I'm not the best judge because maths is my subject but I don't get how some of them did so badly... Like 1%... no way..

Oh yeah just because you're a maths boffin!

It's not like they did the foundation paper. They did the higher paper which is instantly a fail for anything under a B/C.

If they'd done the foundation paper it would have been a heck of a lot easier. But without any revision I'd have no clue how to measure the side of triangles, quadratic equations and finding the circumference of a circle.

We're also just going by the one paper. You will have done coursework and another paper :P

Oh yeah just because you're a maths boffin!

It's not like they did the foundation paper. They did the higher paper which is instantly a fail for anything under a C.

If they'd done the foundation paper it would have been a heck of a lot easier. But without any revision I'd have no clue how to measure the side of triangles, quadratic equations and finding the circumference of a circle.

Well I did say that I wasn't the best judge!

I thought some of them did the intermediate paper.

I now actually fear the day I forget all of my maths..

2 X pi X R?

You asking me or telling me?

Maybe they should have done the foundation paper. It kind of makes people who did that paper sound like they were worthless because the DJs didn't do well in a higher paper.

Although if they managed a C in the foundation paper I guess they can sit smugly :)

...like, you get a U? Oh God, I was on Higher for my maths. This explains a lot.

Yes, that's why you have the choice to which paper you get entered into, or the teacher does. I did the intermediate paper where it's much easier to get a B than in the Higher paper. There's also a foundation paper where it's easier to get a C.

It's unfair if you are perhaps a C grade candidate as you get stuck with hard questions on a higher paper. So they put you on the foundation paper where there are more C grade questions.

I never got the choice, it was just a given that we were all doing higher tier because we were in the top class. I am going to kill my old maths teacher. I know the basics, and can do a fair bit of algebra, so I would've been so much better on the foundation exam.

Ooh, plastic surgery talk! It's like Desperate Housewives!

finding the circumference of a circle

"Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, around the circle is Pi x D. if the area is to be declared please remember Pi R squared."

Ahem, we had to learn that in year nine.

Don't say that about braces, I want mine off as soon as possible! I'm known as "brace face Grace" to pretty much everyone.

Scott, that sounds so attractive.

I've had temporary teeth and they came out in an apple. It's not nice. Root canal involves having your teeth being filed down too. It's not nice.

Actually I am squirming at the thought. I think it's a worse thought that having your wanger cut off.

"Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, around the circle is Pi x D. if the area is to be declared please remember Pi R squared."

Yes well you've just had your exams. Whereas I was in Year 9 six years ago. Five years since my GCSE exams too. You'll soon forget it ;)

I knocked my front two teeth out when I fell off my bike. Temporary teeth for a bit and then they built them up. Although I'm told one day they might go weird and they'll have to be taken out again :(

Afternoon!

I found the time to come and chat to you, woo :D

Welcome along Sigrid!

I've had temporary teeth and they came out in an apple. It's not nice. Root canal involves having your teeth being filed down too. It's not nice.

Actually I am squirming at the thought. I think it's a worse thought that having your wanger cut off.

Haha, guys, if you had to pick, and you could only keep one (the other one being filed off with no anaesthetic), would you keep the teeth or the wanger?

I still remember that!

And about a million others.

I knocked my front two teeth out when I fell off my bike.

There really is no incentive for me to learn how to ride a bike.

He's just a living reminder of me! I was going down a hill, couldn't work out how to do my bike breaks, pulled the front breaks, and went over the handle bars and slid along the tarmac.

I'm going for tea... it's bad memories!