Unofficial Mills

Where's Moyles Listeners gone?

welovemoyles

I listen to bits and pieces, it tends to be too early in the morning for me

typical student I am

I agree with you though, I listened to his interview/live lounge thing with The Hoosiers, and yes he was quite funny, but some of his jokes were right on the edge. My american friend had a listen and she hated him. but then theres a different humour anyway

And what I heard was quite entertaining. Carpark Catchphrase was on great form, especially enjoyed Roy Walker joking about Scott's prank calls where they ring up people and play clips of themselves.

I've realised why I'm not so keen on the show though... it's the interaction. Sure Moyles reads e-mails and texts, but he never makes them personal. They're indirect and it doesn't feel very interactive - 'someone just text' isn't the same as 'Mike from Cromer just text'.

It's not quite the same listener bonding you get with Greg, Mills or Jo Whiley.

You send in a text pointing out something that they're debating about and have no clue about, and completely ignore the texts. Now I assume this is only for radio purposes. Ten minutes later after you've sent a hint they're on the wrong lines they'll then say 'oh we've just had a text saying it's this'. Other DJs would have worked this out within a minute or two, and considering there's several on-air voices, you'd have thought someone would be reading the texts more closely.

Anyway, it was good to hear Moyles this morning.