Unofficial Mills

Jeremy Beadle dies aged 59

Jono

I think leukemia is a form of cancer - blood and bone marrow?

It is.

A young guy (19 years or something like that) just died on the 31st of December. And everyone in the Danish minority in Germany were really sad, because even though we didn't know him, the Danish newspaper had written so much about him. And he went to school at my school (or he'd just finished it in the summer) and the whole school tried to raise money for him.

Eventually they actually found someone "suitable" and they got his marrow. But it didn't work out in the end. Sadly.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

I couldn't believe it when I first heard about this. I was with one of my housemates watching TV and as we were channel-surfing we heard people referring to Jeremy Beadle in the past-tense. I searched it on Radio 1 News and, well, there you have it.

I remember when I used to go to my grandparents that they'd always be watching his shows, and I remember him most for You've Been Framed myself.

Sad news.

Did anyone see the tribute show on ITV last night? Very fitting...

Yes, I did. It was quite moving, actually. I was half expecting some rubbish highlights or something, but it was quite good. I was absolutely gutted when I head he'd died, I remember watching Beadles About (I think) with Mr Blobby... *wipes tear away from eye* good times.....

...But why was Stephen Mulhern on last night. He was very orange and just didn't go with the other friends that were on the show.

He was a bit orange, I agree. A bit like a walking tangerine, albeit with slightly less taste.

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.