The Exams Thread

Jono

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CancerForTheCure

NO MORE MATHS EVER AGAIN :D I think I did alright in C3, I managed to do all the questions so I couldn't have lost too many marks. And my teacher marked my coursework really high so there wasn't that much pressure on me anyway. I neeeed an A in Maths so much!

History was quite easy but my main problem is that I always have the knowledge but I can never get the structure right!

3 left!

History was quite easy but my main problem is that I always have the knowledge but I can never get the structure right!

3 left!

Eeeek, I know the feeling. That's like me in RE, and I always get my quotes mixed up! I wish I could say I have 3 left, but I can't. I have 8.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Guest CancerForTheCure
Eeeek, I know the feeling. That's like me in RE, and I always get my quotes mixed up! I wish I could say I have 3 left, but I can't. I have 8.

Oooh I don't think I'd be able to cope with any more exams!!! Although last year I had 19.... I didn't sleep for about two months!!! What are your exams in?

Oooh I don't think I'd be able to cope with any more exams!!! Although last year I had 19.... I didn't sleep for about two months!!! What are your exams in?

I had 21 during the GCSE years! I have 3 in RE, 2 in General Studies and Media and 1 in German (15 minutes short of 3 hours, yes). What about you?

Guest CancerForTheCure
I had 21 during the GCSE years! I have 3 in RE, 2 in General Studies and Media and 1 in German (15 minutes short of 3 hours, yes). What about you?

I can't even remember how many I had at GCSE. I don't want to know :P Oooh I did German too! Although there was no one to teach me :( They just told me to turn up for the exams.

So far I've completed German, Maths and Polish and I still have 1 in Psychology and 2 in History left. It's a bit less tense now, which is good. When's your last one? Ahh at least they'll be over soon.

I can't even remember how many I had at GCSE. I don't want to know :P Oooh I did German too! Although there was no one to teach me :( They just told me to turn up for the exams.

So far I've completed German, Maths and Polish and I still have 1 in Psychology and 2 in History left. It's a bit less tense now, which is good. When's your last one? Ahh at least they'll be over soon.

My last one is the 19th, after this week, they're all pretty spread out which is alright. I'm finding it hard having the incentive to revise, though!

Polish? Wow. Is that good? When's your last one?

Guest CancerForTheCure

My last one is on the 16th - I can't even celebrate 'cause none of my friends will be finished!

Polish, well, it's just an extra A Level - I wouldn't do a full course though. Again - I just turned up for the exam. However, they don't count it at uni, which is unfair.

Some people actually do it as an A Level though, with lessons and everything. I'm sure there are more interesting languages you could do...

Guest CancerForTheCure
We only do German, Italian, French and Spanish. Of which I speak 3 :D

hehe only :P? Our school only does French and German :S And you can get a GCSE in Spanish... Which ones do you speak?

hehe only :P? Our school only does French and German :S And you can get a GCSE in Spanish... Which ones do you speak?

German, Italian, French and English :D. I realised the other day that I really should have picked up Spanish as a GCSE in the last year, that way I'd speak 5 :D

Guest CancerForTheCure
German, Italian, French and English . I realised the other day that I really should have picked up Spanish as a GCSE in the last year, that way I'd speak 5

Yeah you definitely should have! Not enough foreign languages for my liking :P I might take up another language at university but I'm also considering moving somewhere nice for a year or two after uni :) free language course! What are you going to do at uni? Anything to do with languages? Everyone expects me to do modern languages but I don't want to! I don't even LIKE languages :P

Yeah you definitely should have! Not enough foreign languages for my liking :P I might take up another language at university but I'm also considering moving somewhere nice for a year or two after uni :) free language course! What are you going to do at uni? Anything to do with languages? Everyone expects me to do modern languages but I don't want to! I don't even LIKE languages :P

I'm doing Media with Radio Journalism at uni, which, according to my teacher, I could get into any uni just off my AS grade alone, forget the rest of my other subjects! Everyone in my family wants me to do languages though, because when I was at school the language department ferried me off on many "gifted and talented" courses in languages. When I started at 6th Form, languages was my major with Media my minor; funny how things change! I will miss languages though, might pick up German again, but we'll have to see.

What are you going to study then?

Guest CancerForTheCure
I'm doing Media with Radio Journalism at uni, which, according to my teacher, I could get into any uni just off my AS grade alone, forget the rest of my other subjects! Everyone in my family wants me to do languages though, because when I was at school the language department ferried me off on many "gifted and talented" courses in languages. When I started at 6th Form, languages was my major with Media my minor; funny how things change! I will miss languages though, might pick up German again, but we'll have to see.

What are you going to study then?

Oooh what uni is that going to be? And what grades did you get at AS Level? At least you're quite confident you'll get in and there isn't that much pressure on you. I revise for 8-10 hours a day to get the three A's they expect me to get :( And I've already sorted out a flat and everything so if I don't get in, I'll be in trouble :P I want to do Law at Nottingham.

I suppose you don't have to give up on your languages! Personally, I think they might be very useful for Media with Radio Journalism! Hardly anyone can speak one foreign language, they'll give you a job anywhere you ask with three!

Oooh what uni is that going to be? And what grades did you get at AS Level? At least you're quite confident you'll get in and there isn't that much pressure on you. I revise for 8-10 hours a day to get the three A's they expect me to get :( And I've already sorted out a flat and everything so if I don't get in, I'll be in trouble :P I want to do Law at Nottingham.

I suppose you don't have to give up on your languages! Personally, I think they might be very useful for Media with Radio Journalism! Hardly anyone can speak one foreign language, they'll give you a job anywhere you ask with three!

Hahaha, I have noo confidence whatsoever, that A at AS in Media was gained with the better teacher I had. This time, we have a new one and I hate his teaching style so I learn nothing. It's rubbish.

I'm hopefully going to Huddersfield. Ooh, Law? Did you do that at 6th Form? And 8-10 hours a day revision? You must actually be a machine.

My mum and dad want me to do English at Uni but are supporting me all the way with Broadcast Journalism and Media production. Especially with my portfolio, they buy all the stuff for that, and will buy extra papers to keep my articles etc

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Guest CancerForTheCure
Hahaha, I have noo confidence whatsoever, that A at AS in Media was gained with the better teacher I had. This time, we have a new one and I hate his teaching style so I learn nothing. It's rubbish.

I'm hopefully going to Huddersfield. Ooh, Law? Did you do that at 6th Form? And 8-10 hours a day revision? You must actually be a machine.

I'm sure you were a few marks INTO an A so even if you get a B it will still be an A overall! That's what I really love about A Levels. What's your offer for Huddersfield?

No I didn't do Law at 6th Form - I was going to but then I got told by a careers advisor that they prefer you to do strictly academic subjects so originally I did Maths, Geography, History, Chemistry, German, Polish and Critical Thinking. But after a month I realised it was waaay too much so I dropped Chemistry and took up Psychology insteady - which turned out to be one of the best decisions in my life as so far I have received over 90% in all my Psychology exam which means that in my next one I only have to get 30% to have an A overall.

Revision actually kills me. I'm very irritable, depressed and shout at everything and everyone :P The only thing that keeps me going is the awareness that it will be over soon...

My mum and dad want me to do English at Uni but are supporting me all the way with Broadcast Journalism and Media production. Especially with my portfolio, they buy all the stuff for that, and will buy extra papers to keep my articles etc

That's really sweet :shock: Not many parents would do that, most are excessively ambitious when it comes to their children and want them to do what THEY want. You are very lucky...

Oh dear Lord. My head has never hurt as much; almost 3 hours straight of solid German! It went alright, could have been a lot worse. But now it feels strange to be thinking that German is out of my life foreverrr!