Unofficial Mills

Mega Massive Mondays

Rob86

28 minutes ago, ianwilk1999 said:

It's in a bit of a state at the moment. Nat Vicky and Ore is not good a good show at all. Where has that even come from. I can't understand why they've put Ore in there?

everyone seems so grumpy lol 

i guess it was last minute illness from dean. 

vicky and ore have worked together in the past outside R1 if i recall.

26 minutes ago, ianwilk1999 said:

Vicky and Ore have done a show together yes but so have Vicky and Nat. Originally it was Dean and Nast, so why the need all of a sudden for 3 presenters in one show. The place feels upside down at the moment

There are 3 presenters on all the shows today. Arielle & Sian were on with Matt this morning and Jack is joining Sam & Danni on Going Home

24 minutes ago, ianwilk1999 said:

Time to go back to the basics I feel. Play some good songs and entertain the audience with some good presenter content, not silly games with random presenters. I can see why some people have said it's turned cringe recently. 

Any chance we can have Scott and Chris back with Granny Tinder?

Scott and Chris were the kings of silly games though but I get your point lol.

Presume that's just due to show length. The game takes 2 hours (1 hour + 30 min before + 30 min after). The breakfast show is 3.5 hours long. But the lunchtime show is only 2.5 hours long. So imagine they're just sticking around for the extra 30 mins.

Ore was ok on early breakfast but does generally just do shouts and other peoples features. It's hard to know what he stands for. I wouldn't say he's that strong as a presenter and has to be carried to get anything from him. Today I have to agree with what's been said above that the show wasn't very good. There aren't many times we have to turn it off here, but all 4 of us agreed, that was one of them.

It feels upside down at the moment.

4 hours ago, Rob86 said:

From what I’ve heard - this Nat, Vicky and Ore show is a really horrible mess.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement then for the future of Radio 1. Maybe some of them will improve over time but they don't seem particularly to be at the calibre of say Katie, Arielle or Matt who are a perfect 'safe pair of hands' on whatever show they are given.

Nat seems to feel like part of that Manchester group including Dean & Vicky who were promoted too far too soon . Can't help thinking as time goes on that those 2022 changes were a bit of a misstep.

If they wanted shows outside London then Katie Thistleton easily could've done a show plus within a year anyway Sam & Danni were doing shows outside London.

Also Ore seems to be the go-to 'emergency' cover at the moment. Whatever happened to Gregor Davidson?

It wasn't good at all. I do feel like Katie thistleton should be moved up to daytime now, it's long overdue.

I'm not sure what they see in Ore either, I find him a bit flat and basic, I don't know what he stands for. He's also struggled to do anything other than shouts, or talk about himself and how he's from London. For comparison, James Cusack's shows have been far better in terms of quality, his warmth and what he's about and a huge leap in entertainment factor. 

Both Katie and James should be on more