The Football Season 2007/08

John

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You wouldn't expect anything else for such a disastrous season of finishing runners up in the league and cashcow league.:rolleyes:

Don't you be dissing my beloved Chelsea :P. I think it's harsh they've got rid of him already, he was only there 8 months, and if you ask me, he did a great job of filling José Mourinho's shoes.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Don't you be dissing my beloved Chelsea :P. I think it's harsh they've got rid of him already, he was only there 8 months, and if you ask me, he did a great job of filling José Mourinho's shoes.

He did and thats what the annoying thing is about it. The same could be said about Sven, just English football seems to be run by a load of ideas these days who know nothing about creating a successful team

This is why David Beckham Shouldn't play for England:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgqs1_Wa0V8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgqs1_Wa0V8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

What other league in the world would have that happen in a League match, perhaps a cup match but not a league match

he shouldn't of done that simply because of where he was playing, how dare he. it's not that long ago since he played in the premier leauge and in spain so he knows above everyone else that playing for england is a lot harder.

i feel for michael owen, has a great second part to last season and then gets struck down with a virus of all things when the england games come up. i truly believe that there is no other player as cursed as him in football.

on the grid.

• 3 weeks later...

Argh. Kenny Miller is back at Rangers :|

So 12 Months ago he wasn't good enough for celtic but now hes ready for rangers? Na Mate.

I cant say anything about Walter and Ally [a cup double and a huge party in Manchester in there first full season :D] But Transfers...

Kenny Miller, Velicka and some other striker... Bring back Lovenkrands and spend the rest of the money on a left back and right back. An Actual replacement of Hutton would be nice [broadfoot:shock:]

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

• 4 weeks later...

I think we may have found the stupidest footballer in football today.

Some transfers come to light only when a footballer is spotted relaxing on the yacht of a rival club's billionaire owner or dining at the favourite restaurant of their chief executive, but a young Crystal Palace player has moved the whole business into the modern era by posting details of a proposed move on his Facebook page.

Ashley-Paul Robinson, an 18-year-old winger who has been with the Championship side for five years, wrote a message on the social networking site announcing that he was having a trial with Fulham. His 194 Facebook friends were not the only people able to read exciting news of his dalliance with the Premier League club, however. The message could be seen by all 2.7m members of the site who have joined its London section, unwittingly breaking the story to supporters of both clubs and to anyone else in the capital interested in reading candid transfer gossip.

Robinson posted a message on Saturday which read: "Ashley-Paul is goin fulham on monday. If i pull dis off im on dis ting." On Sunday he added: "Ashley-Paul is travling 2 Bath With Fulham Fingers Crossed."

After news of the move spread, he posted a new message yesterday afternoon saying: "Ashley-Paul has been very naughty lol!"

Palace, however, have not found Robinson's frankness a laughing matter. "It's pretty embarrassing for the club that this guy is telling the world he's looking to leave the club," said a Palace source. "Perhaps someone should tell him to be a bit more private about what he's putting on the internet."

Not technically about the footy season but could be arsed making a new thread.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

what a knoooob, palace will stick him in the stands for this. we do need another thread, but i will probably start one with a massive transfer story to kick us off. anyone except rolando becuase no-one cares anymore.

on the grid.

• 2 weeks later...