John's Movie Club

John

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remember Hostel off've last year? The Tarantino influenced gore horror? Well they've made the sequel. Hostel: Part II, is due in at cinema's at end of June.

How bizarre, I was just coming in here to say I saw Hostel last night on Sky Movies.

I thought it was actually good. A bit gooey and I did have to hide behind my cushion a couple of times but I thought it was a lot better than the reviews had me believe. On a par with SAW 1 I thought.

I said at the end that it looked like there could be a number 2.

Saw Spidey 3. Was alright I guess. Emo Spidey is just odd.

Going to see Johnny Depp 3 on Tuesday

I am not going to get to see Spidey3. My son is going to see it with his mates tonight and my daughter doesn't want to see it.

My only cinema going friend has seen it already :(

We are going to see POTC3 next week though as it is Half term, we will probs go Tuesday as it is cheapie day.

Lucky for us Showcase is only a 15 minute walk from our house.

We are going to see POTC3 next week though as it is Half term, we will probs go Tuesday as it is cheapie day.

Hehe that's why I'm going then.

If people haven't seen Airplane then shame on you and go watch it when it's on. And don't call me Shirley

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

I was dragged along by my girlfriend to see POTC 3 and well thats 3 hours of my life i'll never get back from the the slighty dodgy hanging sequence at the beginning to the the fact that orloondo bland and keira knightly are so wooden you could make a table out of em. Can jonny depp please go back to making decent movies now and stop doing 3rd rate impressions of keith richards & david bowie. As with spiderman 3 the popcorn was more entertaining. *Shouts very loudy* Its surely the death of narrative cinema yet again.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

Didn't they kill off one of the best characters? My friends love POTC, and they were gutted. Haven't seen it myself, not sure if I want to, to be honest.

I think they killed off mr depps character at the end of the 2nd one but he gets stuck in the underworld before coming back (which is just so they can use flash cgi to bring you 10 JD)it has such a mess of a plot but will make shedloads of cash and don't get me started on the price of cinema hotdogs nice though they are. Download the mark kermode review podcast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive its quite hilarious

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

I saw POTC3 yesterday. We got slightly confused by some of it. And 3 hours is way too long (and intervals are just a pain!)

Theres a bit after the credits which leaves it open for a fourth film - i hope they dont overdo the POTC thing. Apparently Johnny Depp doesnt want to do more (according to my friend anyway)... i DO hope they dont plan on doing any without him.

There's a good film on tonight straight after Big Brother on Channel 4 called Wolf Creek. It's a gruesome horror movie, so not recommended for the faint-of-heart...

• 2 weeks later...

The Butterfly Effect was on last night, it makes far more sense if you watch it sober. What's the alternate ending too? I've watched it before but watched the other ending but can't remember what it is now and it's really bugging me

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.