Unofficial Mills

Brit Awards 2007

sebdevlin

yeah, there always used to be a best british dance act each year but it stopped for some reason in 2004

I think Best Dance Track would work. Look at the commercial tracks released in the past year.

Bob Sinclair - World Hold On

David Guetta Vs The Egg - Love Don't Let Me Go

Fedde Le Grande - Put Your Hands Up..

And I bet there is a good few more as well that could go into the catagory. Dance music is at a comercial high at the moment

take control

I realised I haven't grumbled about ruddy Take That/Gary Barlow and friends winning Best Single. I wanted the Feeeeeling to win!!!

Stupid stupid big fat Barlow.

Did you watch a different show to the rest of us? Take That were brilliant and deserved that award! They also deserved many more that they should have been nominated for!!

As for fat? Where did you see any fat? He was looking fantastic last night!!!! It is easy to see you are very young!

You may never grow to love Take That but in time I am sure you will grow to appreciate them!

glitzy.jpg

Did you watch a different show to the rest of us? Take That were brilliant and deserved that award! They also deserved many more that they should have been nominated for!!

As for fat? Where did you see any fat? He was looking fantastic last night!!!! It is easy to see you are very young!

You may never grow to love Take That but in time I am sure you will grow to appreciate them!

Alright, breathe. I was just having a rant! :-p

I'm sure if the Feeling had won you would have had something to say.

I just think Take That have had their success, they don't need anymore!

Saying that I do like Shine, but then again lots of people have said it sounds like the Feeling... :biggrin:

Alright, breathe. I was just having a rant! :-p

I'm sure if the Feeling had won you would have had something to say.

I just think Take That have had their success, they don't need anymore!

Saying that I do like Shine, but then again lots of people have said it sounds like the Feeling... :biggrin:

If Take That hadn't won, yes of course I'd have had something to say but I wouldn't have got personal about the winners! I think the fat comments are out of order especially since it's not even true. If they'd had their time and the fans didn't want them round anymore they wouldn't be here. There is a demand for them right now and I personally hope there will be for a long time yet. That said each to their own and I was just having a rant too.....

Shine is brilliant, it sounds very like some of Mark's solo work (which was before the Feeling were around) but also like the Scissor Sisters and apparently the Beetles too. There are worse people to be compared to so they must be doing something right. Never heard anyone compare it to The Feeling tho, I'll have to listen to more of their stuff, maybe i'd like it :)

glitzy.jpg

I think Best Dance Track would work. Look at the commercial tracks released in the past year.

Bob Sinclair - World Hold On

David Guetta Vs The Egg - Love Don't Let Me Go

Fedde Le Grande - Put Your Hands Up..

And I bet there is a good few more as well that could go into the catagory. Dance music is at a comercial high at the moment

I don't think so. Commercial dance music is still largely thought of as forgettable, having no emotional resonance and creatively 'forged' rather than produced, when compared with the music produced by pop and rock bands/artists. Also, many commercial dance outfits tend not to have the same shelf-life as some pop and rock bands/artists with a few notable exceptions, such as The Chemical Brothers.