Unofficial Mills

What do you like about Radio 1?

Guest Luke

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blond is more of a Judge Jules though, but he does fill in for DJ's who are sick, sometimes does the nightshift. He is on BRMB on Saturday nights. So I leave my PC on and record it, because i am out.

Still... what is Sara Cox doing there. Im sure the Dj on your local station can talk about stuff...it'll be easy to replace Sara's place and get the rating's up, coz who wants to know about her whistling at chappers? and her baby? and what time she had a bath? and what she bought in town the other day?

Iv'e been there a couple of years back. It's a nice place if you want to rest, or do some fishing n that. Couldnt live there though.

Admitedly, it is kinda out of the way, but Cardiff, my hometown, is clubbin heaven.. altho rent is so frickin high, you can hardly afford to go out :x it is the place to be.. spesh on the bay 8-) But Mumbles, in the Swansea Marina would be second choice... thats a hotspot for fishing.. i hate fishing tho..

Why couldnt you live there?!

I just dont get all of this get the DJ's from Key 103 in Manchester and send our rejects over there. BRMB has some class talent, untouched by any other local station. It is the best local around here. They would have somthing to say to Moyles and his comments about local radio! lol there is some talent on there.

on the grid.

You dont kow who he was? A LEGEND! He used to be on the dance line-up, Saturday nights Judge Jules 5-7, Seb Fontaine 7-9.

Im always out on a saturday night... since i was 14... im hard partying then, aint got time to sit in a twiddle thumbs :-p

do you just sit there on a saturday night in yor room listenin to the radio?

My schedule

7-9: listen to Judge Jules

9pm: change from 97.9fm (Radio 1) to 96.4fm (BRMB) start a fresh recording. Grab my keys and go out.

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning my pc is still recording, lol I have a lot of editing to do on Sundays!

on the grid.

I move about now and again. Birmingham is a good place to go, sometimes Wolvo. You know, I aint gonna travel to Ireland or somthin. I might go to Ibiza next year and se Judge Jules on Radio 1. I have always wanted to do that.

on the grid.

Just like to say i'm loving this 12 hour Ibizia party. I have to take my sister to the airport @ 2:30am tonight so I am going to be up most of the night and so far the show is BRILLIANT :-D

Only another 9.5 hours to go

it sounds really good so far

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I like Radio 1 because the DJs are so interesting and usually the best new music is played; great if you are young and have a broad music taste. Plus the DJs actually have a sense of humour, most local radio stations have dull presenters, even the young ones. Chris Moyles' Carpark Catchphrase provides laughs in the morning and Mills' Flirt Divert is a genuis idea to make you chuckle because the results are just amusing. And at the weekends we have Sara Cox with her bubbly personality and Spoony in the morning - both very good DJs.

Radio 1 is different because there's something to look forward to when you switch your radio on, rather than just some dull person playing music for three hours. You feel like you know the DJs because they talk about what they did at the weekend etc. therefore there's a lot more pleasure in listening.

And I just can't help myself, I really, really wish I could be somewhere else, than here...