Unofficial Mills

MySpace hacking and spam

Lucinda

Is it just me or has there suddenly been an explosion in account hacking by bots sending out loads of spam bulletins? I've got a load of bulletins with topics like "new hot top models sexy videos" and "aef5hahahha! aef5" which are blatent spam. They have come from several people over the last few days. I know Tom has sent out messages saying if you see bulletins you haven't posted, change your password, but shouldn't they be doing something about a security vulnerability like that?

How do people's accounts get hacked anyway? Does anyone have any more information and has anyone else noticed a lot of this lately?

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

From Date Bulletin

Princess/Miss Josephine Oct 29

6:03 AM b7f5 hahah! omg no way!b7f5

Craig Oct 29

4:12 AM today hot news

Princess/Miss Josephine Oct 29

2:03 AM c26b i can't believe they just said c26b

Craig Oct 28

11:30 PM today hot news

Craig Oct 28

10:41 PM new hot top models sexy videos

Those are the last 5 I received, all spam, plus there is more spam. It is getting a little ridiculous.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

The most common way they're getting in is a false login page apparently - I think MySpace admin have been trying to address the problem...it's part of the fun of Myspace anyway, if it was properly regulated and everything worked properly it wouldn't be anywhere near as popular, it's the Wild Wild West and the sheriff's not in town... :D

UM is a nice place