Unofficial Mills

Religion

Mafro

What are your opinions on religion?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What are your opinions on religion?

• I believe
    • It's bollocks
    • Agnostic
    • No comment

I have Christian morals I guess, because I follow the law, etc. But I'm not really religious, as the basis of all religions are out-dated. Right now religion is causing too much problems in the world - one minute it's people are refusing to work because of Islam rules which is acceptable, and now another lady is sacked for wearing a cross.

I personally have no problem with spirituality and beliving in God. What gets me is people who use religion as an excuse to fight. I really can't understand it. Most of them believe in the same thing, so why argue about it?

I'm not religious but I'd like to believe there's something out there looking after us and that death isn't the end for us.

Im a christian and darn right proud of it I guess.

Ive been going to church even before I was born and I still go today(although not as much as my parents..)

I go to a christian school and we do have our twice yearly form communion and at the end of each school year & at Christmas a local minister takes our assembly + we have communion then. My Parents are quite involved in our church in Harrogate aswell.

I dont have strong beliefs about anything but do believe that theres always someone who is looking after us.

This topic was only started after me talking about my bley RS coursework!

twitter.com/emgreatorex

i'm with ema, i'm a christian and have been all my life, i do go most weeks, and to my church youth group and bible study even tho i'm technically too old to. i guess you could say that im going through a rough patch having been ill and stuff this past year and im struggling to know what i believe, all i know is that because i have believed, i can't not believe even if i am finding it difficult..............if that makes sense..which i don't think it does :-?

This topic was only started after me talking about my bley RS coursework!

and me helping her out with said RS.............

as i said before i guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but others should respect the opinions of everyone else around them

i'm just gonna leave it there

xXx

Love

Elizabeth

xXx

Hold on, Be Stong

Philippians 4:6-7

http://www.myspace.com/liliabefy

i'm with ema, i'm a christian and have been all my life, i do go most weeks, and to my church youth group and bible study even tho i'm technically too old to. i guess you could say that im going through a rough patch having been ill and stuff this past year and im struggling to know what i believe, all i know is that because i have believed, i can't not believe even if i am finding it difficult..............if that makes sense..which i don't think it does :-?

and me helping her out with said RS.............

as i said before i guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but others should respect the opinions of everyone else around them

i'm just gonna leave it there

xXx

I agree with Lizzy,Everyone has their own opinion but I dont see why others shouldnt respect each others religions/opinions around here.

Im also too old for my Youth Group *sigh* although my dad did organise the last one and I went along to help.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I once went on a youth group trip because, and I'm not gonna lie to you, of a boy. We went on an adventure weekend and it was possibly the most fun I could have had exercising! I had so much fun with the youth at that church. It was brilliant!

I'm not a Christian because my Mum believes we have the right to choose for ourselves what we want our religion to be. I respect her for that.

I'm not a Christian because my Mum believes we have the right to choose for ourselves what we want our religion to be. I respect her for that.

My parents also gave my sister and I the right to choose for ourselves. I have investigated Christianity. I was in the Brownies when much younger and went to Church regularly, and I have been to CofE schools, but I have never really believed any of it. My sister was baptised a year ago and became a Christian at University.

I believe in people's right to decide for themselves, and believe in what they want to, as long as it doesn't interfere with the rights of other people.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

i dont believe in a god or whatever at all. no heaven, no hell.

however saying that, i dont have any problems with other people believing in god. but i found myself being so stubborn that there isnt a god that when i have to go to church (weddings etc), i refuse to say "amen" :S

we can throw our own opinions around here as much as we want, but we just have to ignore everyone and follow what we believe.

now im out of this thread cos when there are threads likes these which are very philosophical i get lost... lol :)

Scott is the Lord. You are the Lord's fan. :bah:

and Minion, don't forget Minion... :-p

For me religion causes too many problems... also people hijack it and twist it for their own ends... Also to believe in a 'God', id need to see some kind of evidence that it exists, evidence beyond a book telling me what happened 2000 or so years ago. What really gets me though is when people try to force their religion on others... what happened to the concept of tolerance that most religions supposedly teach?

What really gets me though is when people try to force their religion on others... what happened to the concept of tolerance that most religions supposedly teach?

i agree with this, its ok to have opinions about your religion or lack of it, but to turn to someone and say that their beliefs are rubbish just because you don't personally believe is offensive, for anyone.

Love

Elizabeth

xXx

Hold on, Be Stong

Philippians 4:6-7

http://www.myspace.com/liliabefy