Unofficial Mills

The Internet and Meeting People

Serin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm DJ Tiesto. Really. You should all hear my new single Dance 4 Life.

Well, there is a guy I've been talking to on the internet for about 6 months and we tell each other everything. Why? Not sure. He lives in Mexico and sends me tons of music, and I send him music too, we like the same music, as we met on a trance forum and are trance heads.

Maybe I should be Pete Tong though, or Westwood. What do you think?

Roll with the big dog! Impersonating Westwood on the internet could be quite fun.

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

• 4 weeks later...

I think some people believe what they read too much! I've contacted people online and then met them in person offline and every one has been just as they have said online. Of course you still take precautions, meet in a public place, don't give out your phone number unless you can make it very hard or impossible for them to contact you (if necessary). You could always give out the Flirt Divert number!

I only ever met 1 person in real life off of the internet who turned out to be a total nutter.

She made up a whole load of lies about herself and has been found out several times over in the fact that each time she met a different person she told them a totally different story about how she became a single mum.

There has been a whole 2 years of madness and nuttiness and she even ended up being sectioned although she is out now and up to the same tricks as before and sucking in a whole new bunch of suckers.

All the other people I have met off the internet have been truly wonderful people of all ages and I am so lucky to be able to call so many of them good friends.

It is possible to meet a nutter anywhere. I don't think this risk is reserved to the Internet. I have met two wonderful people off the Internet and I wouldn't have a problem with meeting more if I think they are nice when I talk to them online. I think in a lot of cases it is easy to tell if someone is a weirdo online, but not always.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

i think it's better for me not meeting people, i have enough friends that i know in person around here. and sometimes when you meet people you think they are somthing they are not. not in a bad way, but say if i met someone off of here i dont think i would be able to have the same type of conversations as i would face to face.

on the grid.