Jump to content
  • New on Unofficial Mills


Sign in to follow this  
Lee E

Scott Mills Sunday nights on Radio 2

Recommended Posts

Thought i'd start a thread on this as he's covering for 12/15 weeks 

Listened back to the show this morning sounded good, Scott is really able to adapt to the Radio 2 style and audience it's really good to hear him doing long links and letting his personality come out as opposed to three back to back songs, a 30 sec speed link followed by two more songs which was more how he used to be on drive on Radio 1 

Couple of bits I noticed 

When he interviewed Tom Hardy he paused and said "Edit" may mean it was a pre recorded interview ? or just a saying 

At the end he said in his seg into the 9pm news "this is a wisebuddah production for radio 2" so is he working for Wisebuddah then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lee E said:

Thought i'd start a thread on this as he's covering for 12/15 weeks 

Listened back to the show this morning sounded good, Scott is really able to adapt to the Radio 2 style and audience it's really good to hear him doing long links and letting his personality come out as opposed to three back to back songs, a 30 sec speed link followed by two more songs which was more how he used to be on drive on Radio 1 

Couple of bits I noticed 

When he interviewed Tom Hardy he paused and said "Edit" may mean it was a pre recorded interview ? or just a saying 

At the end he said in his seg into the 9pm news "this is a wisebuddah production for radio 2" so is he working for Wisebuddah then? 

Wisebuddah produce that show for Radio 2, so for this stint he’s working with Wisebuddah’s production team for Claudia On Sunday.  The edit thing must’ve been something they forgot to take out in post, unless it was actually live and just a little nervous verbal tick, I noticed it as well.  I think it was really interesting hearing a bit of long form interviewing, and generally longer bits of content, but even though more music heavy, I feel his personality comes across more on R1, he’s more comfortable there, and I’m sure he’ll share more anacdotal stuff in time on Radio 2, he really is starting to sound natural there.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Toby_Radio said:

Wisebuddah produce that show for Radio 2, so for this stint he’s working with Wisebuddah’s production team for Claudia On Sunday.  The edit thing must’ve been something they forgot to take out in post, unless it was actually live and just a little nervous verbal tick, I noticed it as well.  I think it was really interesting hearing a bit of long form interviewing, and generally longer bits of content, but even though more music heavy, I feel his personality comes across more on R1, he’s more comfortable there, and I’m sure he’ll share more anacdotal stuff in time on Radio 2, he really is starting to sound natural there.   

I wonder why Wisebuddah produce it? and not Radio 2? is it because of the time it's on and day of week easier to contract it out 

Also noticed he has his own jingle package for Radio 2 as well 

Your right about the being comfortable on R1 I mean so would you be comfortable with something your doing daily as opposed to weekly and that was the first show

I bet he sounds like part of the radio 2 family by January and I bet he gets more work off the back of it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lee E said:

I wonder why Wisebuddah produce it? and not Radio 2? is it because of the time it's on and day of week easier to contract it out 

It's politics - the BBC has to contract out a percentage of its programmes to private production companies (like Wisebuddah, Audio Always who do Life Hacks, etc) because of concerns it had an unfair competitive advantage. The quota was upped a couple of years ago if I remember.  Means licence fee payers cash gets handed over to for-profit companies/spent more efficiently depending on how you see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this show live? As I am pretty sure Claudia usually pre-records it. 
 

Which actually puts you in the strange situation where Claudia doesn’t do her pre-recorded Radio 2 show for 3 months a year because she’s on BBC One pre-recorded for Strictly results on a Sunday evening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ash101 said:

Is this show live? As I am pretty sure Claudia usually pre-records it. 
 

Which actually puts you in the strange situation where Claudia doesn’t do her pre-recorded Radio 2 show for 3 months a year because she’s on BBC One pre-recorded for Strictly results on a Sunday evening. 

It’s live with Scott, you can hear through the interaction and how he plays in pre rec bits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another geeky question has Scott ever covered an evening show on radio 1? I mean past 7pm? apart from the lolothon of course when he's on 24hrs, or is the new Radio 2 gig the latest regular slot he's had time wise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...