Unofficial Mills

NIck Grimshaw - a month in

harrysmyth

I personally am enjoying Grimshaws show a lot, however I think radio 1 in general not just the breakfast show is having a bit of an identity crisis, I WANT to see them playing more left-field, alternative and new music on the station, this is what would make them popular, why play one direction and others a like all the time, it's pointless, if you want to listen to constant pop music then go and listen to capital not radio 1. On the breakfast show however, I think that it's going well, ways to improve would be to include his team a little more, not to the extent of moyles, however he has been doing this and it sounds so much better! Also i think showquizness needs work done to it, it's quite a weak feature, i like the quiz element but theres not enough energy in it. I also think there needs to be one more feature to improve it a bit more. Overall though I am enjoying it!!

hello

Oh I love the showbot, it's my favourite feature. I particularly liked it when it said Grimmy doesn't like pussy..........cats. I would have no problem if the wheel of four-tunes or waking up song went though. I like his handover chat/review with Fearne and I'm looking forward to it when Coxy does it as well also hopefully Annie will cover for Coxy because an Annie + Grimmy handover would be megalolz. But all in all I think he's doing a good job as gregjames94 said a little more Fincham, Ian and Fiona wouldn't go amiss they all seem quite funny. I do think Grimmy show will skew female quite a lot as the showbot alluded to "Do you think any men listen to you show grimy?".

I think R1 are doing quite well with music I was worried when the amount of songs on the playlist suddenly shrunk but they maintain a good range (A-listed this week: Disclosure, Jake Bugg, Jessie Ware and Rhianna) but they could do with a little less pop (Do we really need JLS, Rhianna, Little Mix, Maroon 5, Bieber, The Wanted, Olly Murs and Rita Ora on the playlist at the same time?) But it's a tricky balancing act.

Agreed - some of my favourite laugh out loud moments from the show have been from the conversations between the production team and Grimmy. They are such a fresh, young and funny team, which is exactly what needed to happen to Radio 1. I know all the Moyles team will hate on me, but did we really need to hear about where Dave was taking his daughter or how many eggs Doms chickens have laid? Is that what appeals to a youth audience? Grimmys team are young, current, funny and relevently on trend.