Unofficial Mills

Advice

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mum's are like that I'm afraid. They have their good times and bad times. You just have to embrace it and accept sometimes they get worked up about other things and take it out on you. My mum's aunt is dying and probably won't live to tomorrow, so she was very angry with me today. It's not my fault.

Mum's are like that I'm afraid. They have their good times and bad times. You just have to embrace it and accept sometimes they get worked up about other things and take it out on you. My mum's aunt is dying and probably won't live to tomorrow, so she was very angry with me today. It's not my fault.

aw sorry to hear about your Mum's aunt Jono :(

Thanks for the advice x

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Why don't you take the direct approach, and tell your mum she is distressing you! And : can you both sort things out together, because you only want to do your best ??? Don't know who Andy is, but it sounds like she may be angry at this issue (??), and not you. Also, be good to yourself, and treat yourself well!!

The Sunday Surgery are very good... I've e-mailed in myself once, and they treat you well, replying nicely : [email protected] !! Sorry you were crying... !!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I think most people actually dont realise how much distress they actually put on you, I feel majorly stressed out about doing many things due to my anxiety problems and constant talk of "doing this and that, or going here and there" actually totally freaks me out. At the end of the day I know that they dont mean any harm to come to me or to upset me, they are just trying to get me back 100% fighting fit because they love me.

Had a pretty rough time of it through early teens - now with anxiety problems, hence the reason I left school at 16 and only completed 3 standard grades, suffered a relapse of my condition about 2yrs ago at a footy game and have been slowly re-adjusting to the outdoors again although I don't think I will be back at the footy, probably something to do with the fact I was over an hour away from home and feeling increadibly nauseas all the way home :(

Think of the positive too!! you've managed to have a working life! How brave is that !! you could have been indoors forever, but aren't !! Excellent stuff ! And you've always got time to give advice to others on here too.... that shows character... being concerned, in spite of your own problems ! You're A STAR !!!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

My friend has social anxiety (or social phobia). It has been a debilitating problem, so much so that she hasn't left the house much since leaving school, which was almost 7 years ago now. She's had cognitive behaviour therapy and been prescribed beta blockers by her GP, but whenever she begins to feel certain she has overcome it, something seems to trigger it and she falls back into the vicious cycle.

I'm an agoraphobic Serin, its a fear "of the marketplace" although roughly translated fear of anywhere outdoors, I Had fully recovered after a long battle with it but then it suddenly came back with a vengance leaving me stuck indoors mostly or not wanting to do much, currently drugged upto the hilt with medication and unable to take beta blockers due to asthma. Even tried hypnotherapy although that didnt really do much for me unfortunately.

Part of the course for overcoming it is by gradual re-integration into social environments, such as a pub, so I take her down the pub when she's feeling 'alright', but it isn't five minutes before we've left because she thinks people are staring at her and thinking hateful and negative things... :(

Its difficult Serin, The main problem I suffer from is stomach cramps (i.e. needing the loo) and nausea, I did CBT for a while and was advised to stay in the scenario until the feelings of nerves pass which should only normally take around 20 minutes or so and then just keep chipping away at it. Some of the goals now are more longer term and are difficult to accomplish due to financial constraints

Its difficult Serin, The main problem I suffer from is stomach cramps (i.e. needing the loo) and nausea, I did CBT for a while and was advised to stay in the scenario until the feelings of nerves pass which should only normally take around 20 minutes or so and then just keep chipping away at it. Some of the goals now are more longer term and are difficult to accomplish due to financial constraints

Yeah, it's a step-by-step process. She's been told to gradually set herself a time limit, i.e 5 minutes one week, 10 the next and so on until she starts to feel comfortable, but it's mostly financial constraints that are preventing her from achieving this.

Cant say I had any issues in childhood Viv, woke up one day ready for school, was about to go out the door and then ended up buckled over the loo being sick, managed to get the day off school and felt fine later that day. Next day was pretty much the same, after that I was forced into school, went into registration and then ended up being sent straight home from there.

Why don't you take the direct approach, and tell your mum she is distressing you! And : can you both sort things out together, because you only want to do your best ??? Don't know who Andy is, but it sounds like she may be angry at this issue (??), and not you. Also, be good to yourself, and treat yourself well!!

Andys my late brother.

Thanks Viv,I actually talked to one of my closest mates about it today and she was lovley about it,it really showed me who my closest and trustworthy friends are.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Its really annoying me now,Dads working tonight till 11pm which isnt too bad but he hasnt talked to me at all this afternoon not even in the car on the way to and from tutoring or anything.

Mums just had a go at me for not revising(which I am) and its really getting to me,apparently I have to respect her more(its the other way round)and that I have to be more aware of whats happening around me.

Now I just want to leave the house and get some fresh air and see Tom and my mates but I know she wont let me and if I just walk out ill be in deeper trouble.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Its really annoying me now,Dads working tonight till 11pm which isnt too bad but he hasnt talked to me at all this afternoon not even in the car on the way to and from tutoring or anything.

Mums just had a go at me for not revising(which I am) and its really getting to me,apparently I have to respect her more(its the other way round)and that I have to be more aware of whats happening around me.

Now I just want to leave the house and get some fresh air and see Tom and my mates but I know she wont let me and if I just walk out ill be in deeper trouble.

Go to the pub, that sorts all my worries out.

"Just one more game, I promise"

UPDATE

Im off to Lincoln on 29th July not only for this wedding,but to stay with my family for a bit(even though ive been given the sofa I dont care tbh)

Things havent gone too good tonight,Mum just had a huge argument with her sister this evening and slammed the phone down on her and then shes now currently banning me from going to town with Rosie tommorow for no reason *shrugs*

twitter.com/emgreatorex