Unofficial Mills

DC's Jobs & Education thread

DC

I didn't log off and run away, I went in to school for CCF actually.

There should be a lot more emphasis placed on volunteering (reductions in demands from job centers etc), my Dad who does interviews when his company look to hire, says that he finds volunteering by far one of the most valuable things on a CV.

etheridge_tom.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be a lot more emphasis placed on volunteering (reductions in demands from job centers etc)

That's just what David Cameron SAYS he wants to do with his 'Big Society' BS... though he is aiming more towards people doing things the council would normally do for themselves... wouldn't be so bad if there was a cut in Council Tax, but that ain't gonna happen.

Particular emphasis on SAYS there as that means NOTHING with that untrustworthy idiot.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

There should be a lot more emphasis placed on volunteering .

Here's another thing. Another local person I know (who has previously attended this same training provider) was told to cut down on the number of hours spent volunteering, as he could have been spending the time more productively job searching.

That's the thing with job centres, etc. It seems they tend to require the minimum amount of time possible volunteering, or they go crazy. And all the volunteer stuff has to be declared, even though you don't actually get PAID for it.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

i don't see the need to learn a foreign language because English is the language of business & the point of learning French & Spanish from a young age is quite frankly a silly idea, surly the language to teach is Chinese.

i think that if there are no jobs available then collage is the best idea as you can learn new skills, as for the the best things to study well i would say things that you are interested in because if you don't really like a certain job or subject you are unlikely to be enthusiastic about it thus not do very well at it or in exams on the subject, the difficulty is the same old thing "what do you want to do when you grow up" & the answer to this is "i don't know" because nobody really knows.

all you can do is keep trying.

on the subject of volunteering, well it depends on what you are volunteering for, if it's doing something that somebody else did & got paid for it then you shouldn't be doing it, as for Cameron's Big Society well he can sod off because i work full time & therefore don't get enough time off to go & work for free & even if i didn't have a job forcing unemployed people to take part in the Big Society is against the law, because there is a minimum wage & they cannot force you to work for nothing.

:)